~8~ Getting Worse

Me and Max didn't end up skating home. Steve was polite enough to drop us off where Billy couldn't see us so we'd have only a couple minutes to walk back home. Dustin thought it would be a good idea for Max to have a walkie-talkie as well but Mike refused, so Steve is gonna see if he can find another way to contact me and Max without using the home phone and having a chance for Billy to pick it up instead of us.

Max walks off with a smile and Steve turns to me. "If Billy does anything to the both of you. Tell me, alright. I don't trust him at all."

I nod. "Okay. If anything comes up, tell me. I have a part to play in all this not just because of the knowledge I know."

He raises an eyebrow confused. I chuckle. "It might come up later so if it does, I'll tell you."

"Alright."

We both sit there awkwardly for a moment, and I quickly get out. "Sorry!"

"No, no. It's fine. You should follow Max."

I nod. "Have a safe trip Steve."

He gives me a gentle smile before driving off. I quickly dash after Max as we begin to walk down the path. "What'd you two talk about?"

"Steve told me to tell him if anything happens and I told him that the safe goes for him if he sees anything suspicious." 

Max nods. "How come you know about what's going on and I don't?"

I sigh, rubbing my neck. "It's a long story. It's quite personal too."

Her eyebrows raise. "Oh. My bad."

"No. It's fine. I don't know why they didn't tell you anything. Mike won't say a word so try asking the others. But...not Will."

"Yeah I know. I'll probably ask Lucas."

I feel a smirk form on my lips. "Any particular reason why?"

She gives me a look of shock. "N-no!"

I begin to laugh and she groans. "Well. It's just that Dustin has that stupid little monster, Will's traumatized or something and Mike doesn't like me much." 

I frown. Earlier today he had another episode. It was quite worse. His body was shaking as if something was happening to him as he was standing there. Even Joyce couldn't get him to snap out of it and it was not nice to see. 

I checked with him before I went off with Max but he was shaken and couldn't tell me or the boys anything before Joyce took him back home.

"Yeah okay. Talk to Lucas but tell me all the juicy details!"

"Oh shut up!" I laugh as she punches my shoulder lightly.

"It's not like you and Steve have anything going on!"

"Hey! Steve got broken up with Nancy so I wouldn't do that."

She frowns and looks away. "Ouch."

"Tell me about it. He was a mess from the start of it and he's only sticking by me because I'm new and he saw the bruise Billy gave me."

The conversation ends short as we get close to the house, Billy stands on the porch having a cigarette.

"Where the fuck were you too little shits?"

"We had a mission to do." I huff.

"Mission?" He asks.

"Max needed my help with some homework that she has for her group project and it turned out to be a Mission which is why it took us longer to get home. Plus, making Max skate me and me walk all the way home wasn't the brightest idea either." I snarl.