~005~ You Can't Pretend Forever

Max has gone Trick Or Treating tonight. I stayed away from Steve and Nancy today with no foundation to cover my bruise. But I have a feeling...Steve knew anyway.

I'm going to this party to see if I can just forget. I wanna forget it if I get the chance. If it says get Sheet Faced then I guess I'll do it. Just tonight.

"Thirty-Eight, Thirty-Nine, Forty, Forty-One, Forty-Two!"

Everyone cheers loudly as Billy spits the beer into the air. I shake my head nervously.

"YEAH!"

"FORTY TWO!!"

Some sort of chug champion thing I can tell you that much. I take a gulp of my cup and walk inside. I've dressed up as something simple. Like a Vampire. Because I couldn't be stuffed especially after being punched in the face.

"Y/N?"

I turn around and freeze. Shit.

"Nancy!" I chuckle.

"Your eye is bruised! What'd you do?" She asks.

Steve stares down at me, looking at my eyes. I open my mouth to say something but Billy and a couple other dudes arrive.

"We got ourselves a new Keg King, Harrington."

"Yeah, that's right!"

"Yeah! Eat it, Harrington!"

Steve pulls off his glasses and stares Billy dead in the eyes as Nancy walks off elsewhere. I look toward Steve then to Nancy.

I quickly dash off and follow her as she goes to look around. She sighs, but doesn't feel like talking. I follow her past the many individuals in the kitchen. We notice the beer tub and Nancy peers to look at it curiously.

"What's in this?" Nancy asks.

"Pure fuel! Pure! Fuel!" The guy walks away, leaving us both stunned.

"WHOO!"

I notice Steve behind her as he leans on the bench. Me and Nancy exchange glances.

Sheet Face time.

"Hey...Whoa, whoa! Hey, whoa whoa whoa! Both of you, take it easy!"

Me and Nancy chug the cup down then turn to Steve. I stumble slightly and grab the bench for support.

"Take it easy. Nance, Nance, Nance..."

"We're just being stupid teenagers for the night. Wasn't that the deal?" She asks.

Nancy fills her cup again before walking off into the crowd.

Steve sighs and looks toward me. I stand up straight and proceed to fill my cup again. He grabs my arm and pulls it away.

"Nah ah! No whoa whoa whoa stop."

"Go after Nancy, Steve." I growl lowly like an animal. He let's go of my wrist stunned as I fill my cup again.

He sighs and faces forward as I chug this cup down.

"Did Billy punch you in the face?"

"What?" I croak.

"You heard me." He turns to me.

"Why do you care?"

"Because you're my friend."

"I thought I was Nancy's friend."

He sighs shaking his head. "He punched you didn't he?"

I roll my eyes and then nod. "Yeah. Yeah, he did." Steve turns to me angrily.