there's a monster under my bed

Female reader btw
Ok so I had this for a bit, gonna post it before I get started on that request hdndhjw

- - - -

For a few days now, (y/n) could not get any sleep.  It not like she wasn't tired. She was ready to pass out, but every time she closed her tired eyes,  begging for sleep, she could hear the monster start to move out from under the bed, which of corse woke (y/n) up.  She was scard shitless.

Once she was wake he would leave, but asleep, he would come. who knows what he even wants.
Turning on her side (y/n) looked at her bathroom, which had the light on. She refused to be in the dark with him.

"Why do you even do this? Do you like making me scared?" (Y/n) shakily mubbles out. She got no answer as a sigh left her mouth. She couldn't do this forever

(Y/n) could feel her eyes closing, only to quickly open them. Every time she closed and opened her eyes, she knew he had come out just a little bit more. Then something new happened. He had crawled out from under the bed and started to close the bathroom door.

(Y/n) quickly yelped and sat up. Her body screaming for sleep. For anything! It was now pitch dark, which made her eyes close more.

(Y/n) gripped her covers, holding it to her mouth in fear. A small whimper escaping her lips.
There was a small creek in the floor making (y/n) jump again.

"Ok I'm turning the lights on!!!" (Y/n) jumped to the floor to run for the light switch, but screamed when a cold claw grabbed her leg. Yanking her leg out she jumped back up on the bed. "Ok this isn't funny!!"

A dark chuckle started to rise in the room. "But my dear, I just wanted to stay with You " it was mocking.

"You don't need sleep!!! Now let me sleep and stop making me shit myself!" She squeaked out, body now shaking.

Another dark snicker was heard, echoing the room.
"Is that what you think this is? Me trying to scare you?"

"Yes! You have been doing this for days! No responces! Weird creepy shit!!!! You even left me some hero's head under my bed! I'm scard I'll be the next head your gonna leave under that bed!!" Tears where now forming, dropping on to the floor.

Silence, that's all (y/n) got, then another laugh. This one loud and big.

"All this fuss and crying over that?" He laughed again, almost wheezing. It's like this is the best laugh he had in a while.
"I'm not going to kill You! You're
m i n e ."

(Y/n)'s face shifted in to confusion, before she could even ask, he must have seen her face.

"I'm watching over you, to protect you. You have been having such nightmares, I thought to feeling of being protected would help."

A gasp left (y/n), a wave of relief hitting her. She was now more calm, but also very supsisous. He would never do this for anyone else.

"So.... hiding under someone's bed like a monster, leaving a bloody head, and watching me sleep should make me feel protected?" She made another face but sighed. To be fair he was trying, and he was evil.

"Black hat, that's not how you make someone feel protected, or atlest... I'm not used to it that way?" (Y/n) slowly laied back down on her plush bed. She could hear him moving again in the shadows.

He seemed to grumble before speaking again. "Fine, then how does humans do it?"

With a yawn, (y/n) spoke. "Well some feel protected in a general embrace. Like a hug, or cuddles."
Yawning again (y/n) turned over.
"But you don't do that huh?" A small smile started to form.

"At least now I understand. But... why under my bed?"

Blackhat took a bit to speak, but soon did. "What? Where else is a monster supost to hide and watch their human? The closet?"

Now it was (y/n)'s turn to give a weak laugh. "Or join them." She spoke without thinking, her eyes already closing. Ready to give into the demand of sleep.

She got no verbal response, but a soft creek in the bed, as if someone sitting by her. (Y/n)'s body was starting to go limp. A small happy hum escaped her lips feeling a gloved hand run threw her hair.

She was just awake enough to ask one last thing. "Why... did you.. want to... protect me?" She slowly slurred out.

Black hat shifted on the bed, now laying down by (y/n). He had the power to kill her at any second, any way he can think of, but he didn't.
Black hat wanted to respond, he wanted to say why, but his feelings where still vary confusing.

With a sigh, black hat finally spoke. He didn't even know if she was awake to hear it or not.

" because i... ugh... care."

He turned his head away, blushing a green. He never thought he would care, not even a human, but here he is snluggling with someone he had a crush on. Someone he wanted watched at all times.

He got no response from (y/n). Only her snuggling closer to the evil and dark being. This made black hat smirk slightly. She felt safe in his deadly arms. Even after making her terrified.

This was nice. This is what he wanted, and he was never going to let go.