𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞; 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐝 & 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐨 [𝟐]

🕷

🕷

The elevator starts being pulled up by Spider-Man, doors being forced opened as Spider-Man holds the elevator steady only to fall after the plummeting elevator.

The red and blue hero falls in the elevator through the ceiling on his back, the impact breaks off a wheel and the car starts to drop again.

We all scream in horror— except for the hero who releases a web from his wrist and shoots it up through the hole, stopping the elevator's descent.

Hanging upside down with his feet braced against the ceiling of the elevator, Spider-Man grabs on to the strand of web, and turns to us, "Ahem. Hey, how you doing? Don't worry about it. I got you." He speaks in a deep voice, his accent sounded with swag when he spoke.

Closing my eyes in relief, I stood up and looked at the hero. For some reason his presence felt familiar.

"Yes! Yes!" Ned cheers, swinging his fist in joy and relief, causing the whole elevator to wobble.

Holding my balance against a wall, I gasp. Not wanting to fall again.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, big guy, quit moving around!" The hero shouted to Ned who immediately stopped moving and apologized, "Sorry, sir. So sorry."

🕷

With his web attached to the ceiling high above, Peter slowly pulls the elevator up, until they reached an upper floor where the doors were instantly being pulled open.

"Mr. Harrington, go. Ned, come on." Cindy desperately calls out for her teacher and teammate who rush through the doors

"Come on, Liz." Cindy desperately calls the leader who is frozen in place, a hand reaches her shoulder and she slightly flinches looking down at Ophelia who sends her an assuring smile, "It's okay."

The metal elevator ceiling starts to bend under Peter's feet. And Peter begins to panic as he sees Ophelia and Liz still in the elevator.

"Go, go, go. Everybody out! Move it, people. Move it, move it!" Spider-Man shouts, knowing the ceiling was going to snap any second now.

Liz holds Ophelia's hand, reaching her own hand out, but before she can hold Mr. Harrington's outstretched hand, the ceiling snaps.

"Liz!" Mr. Harrington yells in horror at the same time Ned yelled Ophelia's name.

Peter webs Liz and Ophelia at the same time— thankfully to his new suit he was able to shoot two webs at the same time from one. Both girls dangle by their wrists as they harshly gasp for air.

Ophelia's eyes were watered, her chest had tighten and she couldn't breath properly. Meanwhile, Liz managed to calm herself, breathing in and out slowly.

Liz was the first pulled up by Peter, being the closest to the door, taking her hand Peter expects to feel some sort of special shock but feels nothing which causes him to frown, "You're okay. You're okay." He whispers to Liz, pulling her to the door where Cindy quickly pulls her in a warm embrace— both girls now looking at Ophelia.

He starts pulling the girl up, when out of nowhere his web that was holding him breaks, making him fall down with the terrified girl.

He flicked one of his wrist to the girl, a web shooting from it, catching the girl and pulling up to him. Wrapping his arms around her, he felt small tingles flow through him. Yet, he ignored the feeling, needing to save the girl first. Once taking the girl in his arms, he looked up at a wall and shoot another web, which made them come to a violent stop.

Luckily there was an open door next to them. Peter began leaning his body forward then backward— creating a movement. He began to swing, once he knew he could land in the floor he let go of the web and fell down on the floor. His body on top of Ophelia's as they slid across the floor.

Peter hurriedly checks on the girl, observing every inch of her face and body. Letting out a breath  of relief when he saw no serious damage, only small cuts from the sharp glasses.

He hadn't realized until now that he was looking straight into her eyes, and so was she— to his, that is. Well, technically, at his masked eyes.

The two out of breath, shorten by air and the sudden instantaneous reckless actions they both went through, staring into each other's eyes.

Peter's eyes slowly trailed down her face to where her lips were, seeing them slightly parted a natural pink colored.

Standing over her, he had never really noticed her. I mean Peter knew Ophelia was good looking, but not this good looking. She looked beautiful and stunning. How could he have never realized that before?

"Heart increasing by 20%" The familiar voice of Karen echoed in his ears only, bringing the boy back to reality and shaking him from his thoughts.

Peter quickly pushed himself up, sitting in front of the girl with a leg not fully straight and the other stretched in the ground as he stared at the girl, embarrassedly. Lucky for him, the mask covered his redden cheeks.

He looked away for a second, only to see a shadow hover him. It was Ophelia. She threw her arms around his waist, putting her head against his chest, hugging the hero tightly.

"Thank y-you." Her voice was soft and it cracked at the end. Peter was shocked but soon embraced the girl in his arms.

"Yeah, sure, uh," Closing his mouth, he shut himself from rambling. "No problem." He ended up saying.

Pushing the girl lightly back, he stood up and then offered a hand for her. Ophelia gently placed her hand in his, "C'mon." The hero says, pulling the girl up, never once removing his hand from hers.

They exit the building, hand in hand, Spider-Man leading the still scared girl to the paramedics who took her from his hold, only for the girl to pull back and spun to the hero who was about to take off.

"W-wait!"

Peter stops, turning to his friend who had called him.

Without thinking much about it, Ophelia runs up to him, going a bit on her tippy toes and pecking the superhero's cheek— even though it was covered by his mask, Peter felt how soft her lips were.

Throwing him one last smile, Ophelia walked back to the paramedics letting them do their job.

The boy still stood there. Amazed and dumbfounded by what she just did.

She kissed him.

His heart fluttered, beginning to accelerate still feeling her lips on his cheek.

"Heart increase by 45%" Karen warned, once again interrupting the boy from his daze.

But, the boy didn't shut her, instead, he fled from the scene and went back to the hotel to get his stuff.