𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧; 𝐄𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

Entering the school I went straight to the library, knowing MJ was going to be there. I mentally cheered when I saw her on one of the sofas, laying down whilst sketching.

Quietly running to her, I put my bag down and sat in front of her since the couch was quite long and large.

Michelle looked at me with a raised eyebrow waiting for me to speak, "Are you going to the dance?"

Rolling her eyes, she closed her sketch book and went on a sitting position, pressing her lips in a thin line, she cringed, "Homecoming?"

I nodded eagerly only to reserve another cringe expression from MJ, "Yeah, not my thing." Making an 'o' shape with my mouth, I frowned a bit.

"What if," I trailed off, thinking of something good, something that Michelle will like. I blinked rapidly, widening my eyes in the process, remembering how a few days ago she seemed to take an interest in a collection of books I had, "I give you the whole series of 'Dublin Murder Squad'?" MJ's eyes lit up, surprise and shock crossing over her face. "W-Wait, for real?" She asks me— still shock since the book has been sold out and she never got the chance to read it.

"Yeah, that's, of course, you go to the homecoming. I don't wanna go alone and well, you are my friend and friends always stick together..."

Rolling her eyes, she chuckled before nodding, "Fine." She groans but quickly points a finger at me, "But bring me those books tomorrow."

Smiling, I collect my bag and nod. "A deal's a deal. Pleasure making business with you, m'am." I lifted my hand, tipping my imaginary hat before walking out of the library and entering the hallways.

I was about to go up the stairs when I heard Peter and Ned talking.

"Ned, I'm probably never gonna come back here."

'What?' Frowning I turn around, fully, being able to see them now.

They kept whispering but my mind wasn't functioning nor was my body.

'Is he leaving?'

Skipping down the stairs, I interrupted them.

"What the hell do you mean you're leaving?!" I ask Peter, glaring at him. My presence surprised him until he recollected himself and shook his head, "No, I'm not leaving. I'm just..." He stopped talking not knowing what to say. Right.

Looking at Ned, he gulped nervously, beginning to stutter, "H-he's uh, just leaving for the d-day."

"You're going to skip?" Shock. I was dumbfounded. Peter? Skipping? That didn't go well. He would never do that. School was important to him and I knew my friend, he wouldn't skip school for no reason.

"Did something happen?" My voice showed concern, I mean why else would he leave school so suddenly? Did something happened?

To my surprise, Peter rolled his eyes and 'tsk', "I am so far beyond high school right now." Was the last thing he said as he spun around and walked away.

Leaving Ned and I, triggered.

"Parker, my office." The voice of Principal Morita echoed through the hallways making Peter freeze and let out a groan.