𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧; 𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐃.𝐂.

It was about nine o'clock at night, when the bus hit the highway. Almost two hours left and they'll soon arrive home.

Everyone seated by themselves, half of the team already fallen asleep. The other half were either on their phones or just whispering to one another.

The curly haired brunette had fallen asleep reading her book, her book on her chest— still opened. Ophelia looked at her friend and smiled whilst shaking her head, 'That darn book'.

"Hi," Ophelia was startled by Peter who blocked her view, giving the girl a dimpled smile, "Can I sit with you?" The boy asked, praying that she would say 'yes'.

Nodding, Ophelia patted the free spot next to her, "Not like you need to ask, Pete." She chuckled, glancing over her friend who smiled shyly and occupied the free spot.

"Wouldn't be a gentleman then." Peter smiles like a dork staring at the girl, his eyes twinkling.

Laughing, Ophelia didn't say anything knowing there was no point in doing so.

"Heard you were, um, saved by the Spider-Man." Peter coughed, squirming, he waited for her reaction. Ophelia's eyes twinkled at the mention of the hero's name, a smile broke loose and she couldn't help but get the tiniest excitement. "Oh, my-" She lowly blurts, not finishing her sentence as she jumped to another, "I-It was so... I just can't explain it! It was horrible-"

Peter's smile dropped to a wince, "W-what? W-why, why was it horrible? Was he terrible? I mean I think he can get better and-"

"...the elevator." Ophelia says softly, chuckling. Peter blushes in embarrassment.

"Anyways, as I was saying before I got rudely interrupted by the 'gentleman'," she mocks, "I just don't know how he got there so fast! And looks can be deceiving! I honestly thought he was a teenager or young adult, but he had this deep voice a-and an accent. Like you know, in Brooklyn how they talk very deep with swag?" Ophelia furrowed her eyebrows, explaining to Peter her point of view of the red and blue hero. Trying to describe every detail she took noticed of.

Peter sat there more relaxed and smiling proudly at the way the girl would describe him.

"I, uh, also kissed him?" Ophelia cringed a bit at the word 'kiss' not used to saying that— she barely used that word, only to Flash "kiss my arse." But nothing else.

The boy fake a shock looked as he stared at the girl bewildered, "Ophelia Hills kissed a total stranger?"

Rolling her eyes, blowing a puff of breath out whilst making a face, "Not like that!" She crunched her nose up in dislike, making Peter chuckle and watch as her nose crunched up in dislike, he thought she looked adorable like that.

'N-not that she didn't look already beautiful when she didn't do it. I mean s-she looked great every day and... I'm just gonna shut up.' The boy battled mentally, stuttering and fluster by the way he was thinking of his best friend.

'I mean she's my best friend. I can say she's pretty, right?' He asked himself, his voice going a bit pitchy at the end. Trying to convince himself, he got annoyed at himself— since he continued sounding dumb.

"- And you should have seen his face!" Ophelia's giggles brought the boy back from his thoughts, Peter turned to the girl, staring at her fully putting his attention now to whatever she was saying, "And then, they announced us winners." Ophelia grins foolishly, "And you haven't been listening to me." She looks directly at Peter, accusingly.

"N-no." Peter stutters quickly, "I was listening." He lies, trying to sound convincing but the girl rolled her eyes at him with a breathlessly chuckle escaping through her lips, "You've got that look." She points out and Peter stares at her with a puzzled look, "What look?"