𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲; 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞, 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐬 & 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

Letting out a small groan, I slowly opened my eyes adjusting them to the bright room.

My eyes roam around the unfamiliar room, just by the smell of the room, "too clean", I knew I was at the hospital. But why?

The doors opened, and in-walked-in my mom with a relieved expression when she saw me awake. Dad followed behind and he too was relieved to see me conscious.

"Oh, sweetie." Mom sobs, a smile forming on her lips as she speeds to my side and puts a kiss on my forehead, "How are you feeling?"

"A bit of a headache, but other than that fine." I tell her and she nods, then smiles softly at something— more specifically at someone.

There, seated on a chair next to me, was none other than Peter Parker. Sleeping. What caused my cheeks to flush pink was the fact that he was holding my hand, and his head was laying gently right next to my arm.

"He's been here since last night." My mother informs me and I was gobsmacked.

Did he really stayed here? The whole night?

'But why?'

Peter began to stir awake, and I didn't look away. Not like I was able to. I was too shock to even care if he catches me looking at him.

When Peter takes notice of all the eyes on him, he becomes shy and shifts uncomfortably.

"M-morning, Mrs. and Mr. Hills." He greets, causing my parents to share a look, they smile at Peter and dad brings mom in his arms, "We should leave you two to talk." Was the last thing mom says as she walks out of the room with dad who sends Peter a look before exiting the room completely.

I chuckle at Peter's face, my dad could be quite scary at times but he really did care for his children.

Which is why sometimes he could get upset at my "dependent" decisions, he wanted me to be more independent. And choose for myself.

I guess, he could sometimes get a bit carried away but mom would stop him if he started to yell.

Glancing at Peter I saw him already staring at me with this unreadable look in his eyes.

"How do you feel?"

Smiling I nodded, "Could be better." I lightly joke and Peter frowns a bit but quickly replaces it with a small smile.

"I wouldn't know what to do if you didn't wake up." Peter confesses, and I noticed how broken he looked. His face was a bit bruised up and he had a small cut on the bottom of his lip. Putting my other hand on top of his, I sent the boy an assuring smile, "But I did. And I'm fine now."

Even though he listened to what I said, he still looked a bit hesitated. His body was tensed.

"Look, Ophelia, I know I've been a jerk and I'm really sorry for being like that. And I will understand if you don't want to forgive me, I wouldn't forgive myself and-"

A giggle escaped before I could stop myself, biting my lip I focus on the worried boy besides me, "You were. But I can't stay mad at you forever, Pete." My heart skipped a beat when I saw the way his eyes sparked up brightly. Twinkling in joy. Feeling flushed, I looked away and tried to focus on anything but him. I could barely contain my heart, it's like I couldn't control it any longer...

Pressing my lips together, my eyes widen slightly when I remembered something, "How was the date?"

"Date?" Peter asks confused.

Rolling my eyes I nod, "Yes! The dance! How was it? You did went with your 'soulmate'," I laughed with a carefree smile, "How was it? Did you two dance? Wait, didn't you confessed to her? And she said yes! So, does that mean you guys are an item now? Did you two, you know, kissed?"