08

It was a little disappointing and disheartening to have to return back to the hospital. Walking into her room she raised an eyebrow at a card on the wheeled table. Looking over her shoulder at the door, she looked back at it. Reaching down and undoing the buttons on her jacket, a jacket which she'd actually borrowed, she pulled it off slowly. Rolling up the shirt sleeves, which was also borrowed, she eyed the bandages up slowly before walking over.

Sitting on the bed she picked up the card slowly. The envelope didn't have anything written on it, which was as ominous as its existence and presence in the room. Adelaide's fingers slowly pried at the envelope and lifted the flap up. It hadn't been stuck down so opening the paper was easy. Pulling out a get well soon card she raised an eyebrow. The card was originally ominous, now it was just down right confusing. No one knew she was here. She didn't know anyone for them to know she was in here. Admittedly, Adelaide didn't exactly have any friends. Because of her father's career choice, she never wanted to risk an innocent person being tied in with them.

No one needed that on their conscience. Looking over the floral print, Adelaide nodded slowly. It was a simple print. Simple, effective and admittedly quite nice. Any thoughts she had of approving the card vanished when she saw who it was from. Adelaide threw the card away from herself as if it had just suddenly caught alight and had burned her skin. Pulling a face and watching it skid along the tiled clinical floor, Adelaide stared at it as it laid motionless.

"Hey," Harvey walked through the door and raised an eyebrow at her. "What's with that expression, hm? One minute you're happy as anything, now you look...scarred for life." Adelaide shot him a look, Harvey slapped a hand to his forehead. "Sorry, I sort of spoke before thinking there." He shrugged and flung his briefcase into the seat. "So, what's up?"

"That." Adelaide answered and pointed to the floor.

Harvey stood with his hands in his pockets, looking over his shoulder at the card. It seemed so unfair for it to be discarded, and abandoned he thought. Turning on his heels he walked over and picked it up. Turning the card over in his hands he flipped it open. He had a similar reaction to Adelaide, only he didn't throw the card away from himself. Instead his hands clutched onto it tighter. It seemed like an ironic, slightly petty thing for Maroni to send a get well soon card. Now out of all times. It wasn't coming across as a get well soon card, it was more coming across as a warning. A warning in disguise of a colourful flowery card. Of course it made sense, some sense, to blame the survivor of an accident which he had planned, for getting a few of his men locked away. Well, one locked away until the others went on trial later on in the week.

Adelaide scooted up the bed when he sat down on the edge of it. "Do you have anywhere to stay?"

"I remember my mother had a house, before she married my father. I think it's still standing...I presume it's still standing and no one is living there." Adelaide answered thoughtfully.

"You need to go there." Harvey said seriously. Adelaide looked at him worriedly. He realised the seriousness in which he spoke had put her on edge. "You can't stay here any longer. Is there any need for you to be here?" Harvey asked, thinking to rephrase his words.

"No I guess not."

"Then discharge yourself and go to your mother's old house."

"...All right." Adelaide said slowly.

Harvey looked at the card and quickly scrunched it up into a ball. Seeing the bin nearby he aimed and threw it in its direction. "You need to get out of here, Adelaide. Men have come to try and kill you, you received that card. It's only a matter of time something else happens."

"Me staying here is sort of endangering people isn't it?"

"Yes." Harvey looked at her as she jumped up from the bed and took to pulling on her shoes again. "Does anyone else know this house exits?"