12

Knocking on the door, Harvey pushed it open when Adelaide's quiet voice chimed out behind it. "Any reason why you're not getting ready?"

"Aristotle. I'm reading one of the many books you own." Adelaide smiled and looked over at him. She was stretched out on her bed. Her head was nestled against the pillows which she'd pushed up to the headboard and her legs were outstretched. She waved the book in his direction just to get the point across.

"I'm sure he can wait." Harvey said while walking in. Adelaide had packed away most of her things. The empty bags now laid discarded against one wall. Sitting down on the edge of her bed, he looked at her. "You would rather sit, and read a book which you don't even look remotely interested in, instead of going out and perhaps have some fun?"

"A whole evening of people who are better than me, and who will most likely look down their noses at me, does not sound like fun. Sorry, but it doesn't." Adelaide muttered and turned the page of the book. "If I wanted to get belittled I'd stand in front of a mirror and do the job myself." She said seriously. Harvey frowned, he did not like the thought of her doing that to herself. She had such a low outlook on herself, it saddened him. "You can look at me like that if you want, it doesn't make a difference!"

"I have a solution."

"Oh please, do go on." She drawled out utterly bored sounding. She really wasn't interested in going out and wasting an evening with the higher citizens of the city. Harvey waved his hand at her, frowning she lowered the book and pulled her legs to her chest. Leaning forward she plucked the coin from his hand. "Not this again."

"It's effective though." Harvey stated with a smile. "Do it. Flip the coin, what are you scared of Adelaide? The fact that it'll come heads up and you'll have to come out, and pry yourself away from Aristotle's company?" He said jokingly.

Adelaide pouted and flipped the coin into the air. She tried to catch it and failed. Her hand eye coordination wasn't exactly what it used to be on the account of her vision being lost. She looked disheartened by her failure, but Harvey just smiled gently, totally not judging as he leaned forwards to look at the coin. It landed on the floor, both of them now leaned down and looked. Adelaide frowned whereas Harvey grinned at her.

"Get ready."

"But-"

"Ah," Harvey put a finger to her lips to silence her. "It came heads up. Don't pull the whole, two out of three thing on me. It doesn't work."

"But-"

"No. Get ready, you're coming out with me, Addy. Whether you like it or not." Harvey smiled tapped her on the nose and swiftly left the room to get ready too. Adelaide frowned and snapped the book shut. Throwing it onto the bed she shot up and took to rifling through her wardrobe for something to wear.

----

"Oh, I'm loving the suit." A voice quipped from behind him. Harvey turned and stared up at Adelaide. She stood cross armed on the stairs. Her arms were crossed tightly over her chest and her midnight blue dress. It was an interesting colour, the light seemed to reflect the dark blue within it. Adelaide's dress in general had long sleeves, the skirt of the dress was long, he half thought she'd trip when she walked down the stairs. She didn't, with some great shocking skill she walked down them and stood in front of him.

"What?" Adelaide asked bluntly.

"You look beautiful." Harvey stated a little distantly, Adelaide's one visible eye blinked at him confused, she blushed lightly at his words.. She'd somehow managed to style her fringe over the left side of her face, the rest was curled tightly and pinned into place.