22

"You should eat something, ya know?" Toby pouted and pushed the plate in Adelaide's direction again. The two of them were sitting at the dinning room table. She looked up at him and frowned. Reaching out she pushed the plate away from herself, again. This moment had repeated itself several times. It was starting to get repetitive and boring.

"Not hungry." Adelaide said.

Toby rolled his eyes. "Sure, you've been here for what...ten hours and you're not hungry?"

"I'm tired." She stood up and walked away. Toby stood up and walked after her. "What are you doing?"

"Well...we got told to keep an eye on you."

"What the hell are you expecting to happen?" Adelaide frowned. "Do I look like I could jump out of a second level window, and not get hurt? Keeping in mind I've also had, as you've stated, nothing to eat for over ten hours. My stamina is low, I won't get far." Adelaide stated and narrowed her eyes. "You follow me, Toby, and I may just throw you out of the window." Storming up the stairs she passed Matthew, he was leaning against the banister. He just gave her a look before nodding towards her room. At least one of them understood personal space. Sure, it was annoying knowing that one of the twins was blatantly playing guard. But she could cope with Matthew. He wasn't chatty, he just stood silent and observed.

Actually the obvious staring was quite disturbing. Adelaide shifted silently through her rooms door and shut it quietly. Grabbing the chair which was near the desk, she propped it under the handle. Giving a swift nod she shifted away from it slowly. Sitting down on the bed she looked at the door. A shadow flitted underneath the small gap between the door and the floor. The handle turned and the door almost swung open if it wasn't for the chair stopping it. After banging against the door for a few seconds the shadow disappeared.

Adelaide frowned and laid down slowly. She huddled in the thin covers she had and shut her eyes. She didn't trust these twins. She yawned quietly and settled into a light sleep. She meant it earlier on, she was tired. Half the reason why she was so tired was because of the lack of food. Adelaide's body felt heavy and just as she was drifting off the bedroom door got kicked in. Letting out a scream she shot up.

Harvey frowned into the room and walked in. "No locked doors." He said to her seriously.

Adelaide still sat stock still and straight backed in a sense of shock. "I-it wasn't locked..." she mumbled out and pointed to the remainder of the chair. The impact of the kick had caused it to shatter slightly. Harvey didn't seem to pleased with the answering back and ended up slamming the door shut. Shaking her head she jumped up from the bed and walked over to him. "How'd it go?" She questioned quietly, he gave a slow sigh and looked at the floor. "Hey," popping into his line of vision she smiled lightly. "What's wrong?"

"We got him."

"That's good...right? You wanted that...why don't you seem happy?" Adelaide asked while side stepping him. Harvey walked over to the window and looked out. Adelaide pulled the thin blanket more around herself and took a step forward. Harvey straightened up from hearing her quiet movements but he didn't look at her.

When she was a step behind him, she reached out slowly and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Tell me what's wrong." Adelaide whispered. He didn't reply, frowning Adelaide let him go and moved around to kneel on the window seat in front of him. "Harvey, talk to me." She leaned forward slightly to be in his line of vision. She didn't like being blatantly ignored. It was irritating.

"I thought," Harvey paused. "We thought," he corrected himself with a low nod. "That we'd feel better for getting justice."

"But you don't?"