11

Harvey had to practically pry Adelaide's hands off of the steering wheel when she pulled up outside of his home. It was noticeable that shock had crept over her. She was shaking slightly, which was another indication of shock. Grabbing her things out from the back seat he walked up the steps to the front door. Adelaide right now was being silent. Harvey didn't quite know if he should say something to her. What could he possibly say?

"I'm going to go unpack. How odd that seems now, unpack." Adelaide mused and took her bags from him. "Thank you." Smiling, she quickly darted up the stairs, Harvey rolled his eyes in the direction of the living room just as Adelaide's bedroom door shut.

Walking into the darkened space Harvey took to drawing the curtains closed. Once he had, he switched the lamps on and settled down on the sofa. Switching the television on, he frowned at the news. There was never any good on the news. It was all bad. They tried, bless the reporters did they try and show at least one good thing. But most of the time they failed. Hearing footsteps, Harvey looked over his shoulder. Adelaide pottered past and backtracked. Walking in she sat in the corner of the sofa and looked at the television screen too.

"Harvey, can you help me?"

"With something else?" Harvey asked dumbfounded, "One thing at a time, Adelaide." He sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

"I don't mean now." She laughed and rubbed her eyes.

"What is it?"

"I need a job."

"Go on."

"I need help trying to find a job."

"Where do I fit into this?"

"You're a smart man, who seems quite in touch with...things...and....I think that you're going to be much better at helping me, then myself. Make sense?"

"Somewhat." Harvey turned and looked at her. "What sort of job do you want?" Adelaide shrugged. "You have to have some idea."

"I don't know many places, or jobs, which accept people who are visually blind in one eye and have ties with the mob."

"You have a valid point." Harvey reasoned slowly. "No vision has returned then, hm?"

"Nothing. Just darkness. It's a little scary actually."

"Maybe you need a patch." Harvey quipped with a smirk, he received a well aimed pillow to the head. "I'm joking!"

"I know that, I'm not stupid." Adelaide giggled. "But you should never say something like that to a lady, Harvey. Never pick up on slight imperfections, womenkind don't want to hear them."

"Never knew you based things so much on image."

Adelaide shrugged slowly. "I don't. Not on other people." Somewhere between talking about what job she'd want, and Harvey trying to help, Adelaide had drifted off to sleep. Harvey flicked through the television channels trying to find something to watch, and failed slightly. Adelaide murmured in her sleep, looking over, he frowned lightly at the troubled look which flitted onto her face.

Perhaps talking to someone would help her. Someone who wasn't him. Someone who wasn't involved in the whole process. Surely getting her mind back to relative normality was more important than finding a job? Harvey knew why she wanted to find one so desperately. With a job she'd get money, and with the money she could pay her way here. Although, Harvey wouldn't be lying, the money would help out. But it wasn't like she went through expenses. She didn't overly use the shower, Harvey hated to be stereotypical on the matter but he thought women tended to spend hours in the bathroom and that. But no.