13

Adelaide pinched the bridge of her nose. She was still suffering. There was nothing here which seemed to even remotely interest her. Bruce tried, he really did try and get her involved with things. It was oddly welcoming. But it still failed.

"I know that look." Adelaide looked up at a copper haired man who stood cross armed. "You're bored."

"I'm so bored, you're a mind reader."

"No, I am not. I'm a surgeon, but I know how you feel."

Adelaide continued to walk to wherever, the man followed after her. "I wish I could leave."

"Why don't you?" The man stated bluntly.

Adelaide smiled, she looked up at him. "I think you and I are going to get along."

"That's a bit of a presumptuous thing to state."

"You're the only...down to earth, frankly speaking person I've met so far."

"Ah," the man nodded. "Yes, they are all caught up in their own lives, aren't they?"

"Who are you?"

"Thomas Elliot."

"Adelaide Carter." She grinned and stuck her hand into Thomas's. "It's good to meet you."

"And you." Thomas looked around and frowned. "You came here with Harvey Dent did you not?"

"Yup."

"He was looking for you."

"What?!"

"Yeah," Thomas smirked. "About fifteen minutes ago."

"What?!" Adelaide said disbelievingly. "And you couldn't have told me this a moment ago?"

"No." Thomas rolled his eyes. "It only came back to me when you introduced yourself. I briefly talked to him and I distinctly remember him mumbling to himself that he must go find Adelaide."

"He wasn't mumbling."

"No, he wasn't. It was more like mindless chatter to oneself."

"Do you know which way he disappeared off in?"

Thomas looked at her blankly. "No."

"You're so helpful Thomas, honestly you really are." Adelaide smiled. "As much fun as this is, wasting time with you, I have someone to find." Adelaide grinned and turned on her heels. She quickly glanced at the groups of people that she passed. She pulled a face and avoided the people who were dancing to the quiet music which was being played. Adelaide turned her head so she could get a proper look at the hall. She quickly glanced over the small quintet playing, only because they were playing a song which seemed familiar to her.

"Looking for someone." Looking up she frowned at Harvey. "And here I thought you'd have missed my company. No, all I get in return is a glare. It's nice to see you too, Addy." She pointed a finger at him. Bending it at the knuckle she fisted her hand and punched him on the arm. "Do you mind?" Harvey said while rubbing where she punched.

"Do not, and I repeat, do not, ever. That's ever, leave me alone with these people again. If you do, so help me...you'll be getting worse than a punch."

"Fine, I won't." Harvey said while still rubbing his arm. "You punch hard for someone so..." he let his voice traile off as Adelaide's eye narrowed up at him. Smiling he shook his head. "You're so tetchy."

"That's not what you were going to say."

"No, I was going to say small."

"You're tall." Adelaide crossed her arms. "Can we leave?" She rolled her eye up at him.