Thirty Three - A tribute to Black History Month

Men. Black men. Women. Black women. Children. Black Children.

We're here and we're not going anywhere. Why do you despise and fear us so?

We're here whether you want us to be or not, we deserve to be here the same way you do.

We may not look the same but we are the same, even though we're not.

You may not understand and I don't expect you to. You're all just people at the end of the day, with your judgements, your imperfections,your aims and prized collections.

Fearing that everything you love will be taken away from you.

Don't you see that ebony girl? That chocolate princess? That skilled warrior, that strong black man?

Do you see that black child, running, laughing and skipping just like every other child should?

The world isn't in black and white, but that doesn't mean black and white can't live together in peace, along with every other race.

You used to beat us, hose us, burn us and drag us down, but still we rose. We rose to fight for our rights and fight for our future.

We were willing to forgive. We still are. We were willing to love despite what you did. Just show us that you deserve it. Just show us that you can love us too.

Please vote or comment. 💓