Chapter Thirty Eight - Escape

Do you love me?
That's a dumb question.
'Cause if you didn't I wouldn't be here.

Its painful, the way you treat me. They say love is a battlefield, but this feels like hell.

No matter how much I want to escape, I can't. You keep me in a room, with no windows or doors.

I suffocate on air and drown on land. The walls are  covered in rubber bubbles, so that not even death can give me a way out.

I fantasize of the outside world, slowly driving myself crazier and crazier. You're as cold as ice, but in this strait jacket, I imagine warmth.

Why do they say that someone has a heart of ice, when concrete is a lot harder?

Just because you provide for me, it doesn't mean I love you and it doesn't mean I owe you anything.

It doesn't mean you can force me into submission.

Does the good Lord remember his child?

Does the world remember my presence? The sun may shine but I don't feel it.

The sea may roar, but I don't hear. The wind may howl, but I don't hear. The trees may whisper my name as if it were a secret to be carried by the breeze, but still I am deaf.

But still I dare. I dare to dream. To dream of the day that I will tear through this prison like a wolf tears through flesh. To venture into the world's unknown.

I dare to dream of escape and real love.