Budding Friendship

"I am happy to welcome my favorite class back to Patch High School. I will miss you all very much when you leave here, but I know that at the end of the year, all my seniors will find somewhere amazing to stay." The principal told the auditorium.

Ruby frowned in realization. "The seniors are his favorite?"

"Well of course." Roman threw in. "We're kind of a big deal."

"Yeah, but you're a senior. Why would the seniors be his favorite?" Blake questioned, Torchwick quickly glaring her way as Ruby giggled quietly.

"You're really gonna get on my nerves this year, aren't you?" The ginger asked, Blake giving him a shrug and a smirk.

Roman and Neo split off after the announcements to get to class, leaving Ruby and Blake to figure out their schedules together.

"Ok, so you've got Port first period with me, but our next class together after that isn't until fifth period." Ruby explained, thinking for a moment. "You should be careful in History of Remnant, that's Doctor Ooblek's class."

"What's so bad about that?" Blake asked cautiously.

"Nothing as long as you don't call him Professor, Mr, or anything other than Doctor Ooblek." The brunette told her. "He gets a little upset when people don't call him doctor."

"Thanks for the tip." Blake muttered with a sigh.

Ruby smiled gently over to her. "Don't worry. Let's get over to Port, shall we?"

Professor Port was the Animal Biology teacher at Beacon before he retired and decided to start working in Patch. Now he was one of the most boring people in town and one of the highest paid as well.

And his new favorite student was Blake.

"Another right answer, Miss Belladonna. You've made first period worth every second of the struggle that will be today." He laughed deeply, his mustache bouncing as he did.

"Umm..." Blake hesitated. "Thank you?"

"Thank YOU, Miss Belladonna." Professor Port laughed again.

He continued the class, Ruby leaning in and whispering over to Blake periodically to both explain things about the school, and to make fun of Port's mustache.

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, I swear, everyone says that Port was special forces once!" The brunette whispered excitedly. "Supposedly he keeps his old combat knife in his desk!"

"That can't be true. Do you actually think that's true?" Blake questioned, knowing how stupid this all sounded.

A horrible, evil smirk came to Ruby's lips. "Only one way to find out, right?"

"I hate everything about this..."

"Oh, lighten up, Kitten." Torchwick laughed as they all sat at the lunch table. "We haven't even done anything wrong yet."

"First of all, yet! And second of all, don't call me Kitten." The ebony haired girl snapped.

Neo rolled her eyes, beginning to sign and leaving Blake and Ruby drawing blanks.

Her glare narrowed before she turned towards Roman, the boy chuckling as he answered. "She has the key to the roof if that makes things easier."

"Why does she have the key to the roof..?"

"No clue, but I don't think that would help anyone out." Ruby interjected.

Blake slammed her hand down on the table, forcing everyone there to turn towards her. "Let's not break into a teachers private desk just to figure out if there's any truth to a stupid rumor."

Roman crosses his arms and rolled his eyes, kicking his feet up onto the table as he leaned back against Neo. "Tsk. You're no fun, kid..."

"I don't want to risk getting in trouble over this!" She snapped in response.

The small girl under Torchwick glared at the dark haired girl across from them, rapidly signing at her and Ruby.

Blake raised a confused brow before looking at Ruby. "Did you get any of that?"

Ruby didn't look at her, just staring at Neo with something between horror and disgust. "Something about chili powder and a dragon dildo." She muttered, eyes locked on the tiny girl across from them.

"She scares me..."

"I think she scares everyone a little bit." Ruby agreed.

Torchwick smirked and turned to kiss the girl's head. "Nah, she's just a little cutie. Nothin' to fear here as long as you understand her."

Neo smile, reaching up to kiss the ginger's cheek before wrapping her arms around him in a massive hug.

"And you two aren't dating?" Blake confirmed.

Both the people across from her looked confused as they watched the raven haired girl.

"What are you talking about?" Roman asked. "Why would we be dating?"

"No reason at all..."