You Can't Make Me Dance

"How exactly did you convince me to come here?"

"With the power of friendship and alcoholism!" Ruby cheered, a red cup in hand. "Come on, enjoy yourselves."

"Didn't you say this party would be small?" Roman reminded, straightening his new coat. "Not that I'm complaining, but this is anything but small."

The two story house had a full two story party, seemingly all the students in Patch making their way in at some point or another. The back yard seemingly had a completely independent party happening there than the one indoors, the front yard being the same.

"Yup. That was the plan." Ruby muttered. "Blake'll deal with it, I'm sure. For now, let's enjoy it!"

Neo threw her arms up in excitement and stole a shot out of someone's hand to down. She was quickly swept up into a contest of some kind involving shots and a spinning top.

"How come her life is always so much more exciting than ours?" Torchwick asked, resting his arm on Ruby's head.

The girl sighed, arms crossed as she watched the whole thing play out. "I have no idea. Maybe it's because people don't know what she's saying so everyone misunderstands her."

"How has she not accidentally joined a gang by now?" The ginger questioned.

"Bitch, she'd end up running a gang if she did get involved." Ruby jabbed. "That girl is scary."

Both of them nodded as Neo started downing a line of shots, quickly realizing that their total life experiences would never be as fun as her summer vacation probably was.

Or as crazy.

"It's great to see you!" A raven haired girl said as she ran in, hair a mess, tense from stress and throat sore from screaming. "Have any of you seen Sun?"

"Are you ok, Blake?" Ruby asked carefully, arms slightly raised in defense.

"Have. You. Seen. Sun?"

"I wish, I'd love to sick you on him." Roman chuckled. "Have you tried the pool party out back?"

"This house doesn't have a pool!!" She snapped, her head whipping towards the back door.

The man shrugged and adjusted his jacket, faking indifference to the situation. "Tell that to everyone that ran outside in their swimsuits."

Blake stormed out the door, slipping through the hoards of teens and drunkards as she went to complete her mission.

"You must really hate Sun..." Ruby commented as she felt the evil aura leave the home. "She's actually going to kill him."

"And yet she couldn't ask a girl out if her life depended on it." Torchwick got out between fits of laughter. "That is one weird girl."

"Weird enough to call a friend?" The brunette prompted, excitement filling her tone and eyes.

The ginger calmed down a bit, small giggles escaping him as he put a hand onto Ruby's shoulder, face bright after the good chuckle.

"Not even close."

"Thought I was stretching it a little far." The dark haired girl shrugged. "But you've gotta hope, right?"

———

"So, it seems that Neo made new friends and we have been abandoned." Roman sighed, sitting back with a red cup of mystery juice.

Ruby crossed her arms with a smirk on her face. "Well they may be cool, but we have a very nice ginger!"

"I'm not nice." The man muttered. "If you ruin my reputation by calling me nice, I'll shave your head."

"No you won't, you love me too much." Ruby cooed back, tickling his cheek in a teasing manner. "Adorable little baby, so sweet and kind."

"I hate you..."

"You lo~ove me." The red tipped girl laughed. "Besides, I'm bored and you're gonna entertain me, right?"

"I just wish there was more to do in this town." He growled mostly to himself. "Even this party is boring."

"What are you talking about!?" An excited blond boy questioned in amazement as he sat down with the pair. "This party is awesome!"

"No, Sun... It's really not." The ginger told him, eyes narrowed at him. "Everyone's drunk, my Neo got stolen, and Blake keeps asking me where you are. I don't even talk to her!"

"Who's fault is that?" Sun asked with a light glare, arms crossed. "If you don't wanna be here, then you can leave."

The blond turned and walked away a bit, pulling a banana out of a fruit bowl before turning back towards the pair sitting nearby.

"I wanted you guys here so I could apologize, but if you don't wanna be here then I can't keep you." He told the ginger. "So get out."

Roman stood up, glaring daggers into the idiot in front of him, waves of anger flowing off of him. "Fine. I'll go."

He turned to leave, Ruby standing up to talk to him as a banana peel flew past her and hit Torchwick's shoulder, sticking to his jacket.

"Throw this away on your way out the door, would you?" Sun asked. "The trash can is just outside."