Books And... Other Things

Ruby looked up at the massive home before her, thinking that it looked more like a castle than the living space for a family of three. Even with all this, she knocked on the door.

A familiar raven haired woman opened the door with a smile. "I'm so happy you came." Blake said in excitement as she hugged Ruby close.

It had been around a month since the year had began and Blake had come to the school, her and Ruby becoming close friends over this period. Ever to Roman's slight disapproval.

"I wanted to show you my room." Blake told the girls in the red hoodie. "You're always talking about some fantasy story or another you've read, sooooo..."

As she opened up her room, it became quite clear where Blake was going with that thought. Her room looked like a small library that just happened to have a raised bed by the massive window overlooking the woods of Patch.

"What do you think?" Blake prompted, looking to Ruby for comment. "Do you... like it?"

"It's beautiful." She replied, the raven haired girl letting out a held breath. "I've never seen so many books in someone's house before."

"The last owner used this room as a study or something, so it had all these bookshelves and all this space. I figured that I had the books to fill it." Blake laughed.

Ruby's eyes yet again froze in shocking realization. "Are you saying you've read all of these..?"

The girl in the simple black shirt and jeans walked towards the nearest bookshelf, feeling her fingers trail the leather spines.

"These pages have been my friends for a very long time. I've spent so much time in Menagerie as some kind of celebrity... it was hard to meet people without asking what they wanted from me." She explained slightly. "I got most of these to distract from all the arguments my dad would have when people came by from Schnee Industries. Never a fun time."

"Was it that bad?" Ruby inquired, curious about what happened.

"They wanted to build factories and start new businesses there. But the laws in Menagerie are different than in Patch or Vale." Blake told her pulling out and old and worn out book from the shelf. "They wanted to exploit the people and tear into the resources there. My dad wouldn't have it."

"Sounds rough..." Ruby muttered as she made her way towards the furthest shelf in the room, sitting down as she looked at the books. "It's gotta be hard to deal with politics and~... Blake..?"

"Yeah, Ruby?"

"Do you really have the Forty Shades Of Red books?"

Blake whipped her head around, quickly realizing which bookshelf her friend had stumbled into. "Ruby, don't mess with thos~"

"ARE ALL OF THESE BOOKS PORN?!"

"I SAID DON'T MESS WITH THOSE!!"

Blake jumped on top of Ruby, fighting to get her giggling form away from the dirty books, knocking a few of them aside as they rolled around. By the time things calmed down, Blake had Ruby pinned the the ground, books scattered all about around them.

Ruby continued to laugh, Blake struggling to keep a straight face after that embarrassing event. The pair of them began to calm, smiling at each other as their breathing steadied and became still.

A subtle blush came to Blake's cheeks as a long toy fell out from behind the overturned books on the shelf, Ruby seeing it as well.

"Well you are just a dirty little pervert, aren't you?" Ruby joked, going back into her laughing fit as Blake moved to a sitting position on her lap to cover her own face.

"Oh Oum... Kill me now..."

The girl in red giggled as she got up into a sitting position and moved Blake's hands away from her face.

"Don't worry." She told the girl, their faces inches apart. "I don't mind that you're a pervert."

The pair both stood in place, Blake on Ruby's lap, eyes gently locked in a war to decide on what to do next. And in the next moment it became clear what needed to happen.

Both girls moved forward, meeting their lips together in a tender kiss, slowly growing in intensity. Their tongues touch and both of the teens pulled away at once, shaking their heads and laughing with a deep blush.

"Well that answers any questions I may have had about that." Ruby laughed, falling backwards. "But I will say you're an amazing kisser."

"Thank you, and the same to you." Blake chuckled in a mock posh voice, quickly turning back to her normal tone to laugh again. "I'm gay, but that confirmed that you are not my type."

"Aww, I'm hurt." The girl in red snorted, relaxing on the floor as she confirmed that she was straight as a rod.