Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!

"I'm sorry!! You know I didn't mean it like that!"

"Sun, it doesn't really matter what you mean when you say things like an asshole." Blake pointed out, glaring at the boy.

The blond nodded. "I know, I know... But you understand that I don't even actually believe half the things I said, right?"

"I know that. The people you were talking to don't." She added. "One of them thinks you're a creep, one of them wants to murder you, and the last one is just a little too stab happy and doesn't really care why they're stabbing people."

"That's scary."

"It is." Blake agreed with a completely straight face. "And it's aimed at you right now."

"Ok, ok, bad first impressions. But, and hear me out..." He prompted. "What if I throw a party?"

The girl placed a hand to her hip and raised a brow. "How would that help?"

"Everyone likes a good party! Snacks and drinks and music and all that." He offered. "It'll be small. Just the lunch table and a few other people I've met here."

"Sun, I know you, and that means a bunch of sporty people, crazy people, and one poor little emo boy that really didn't want to come."

"Hey! It'll be smaller than usually, I promise." Sun assured with a grin. "I haven't found any defenseless emo boy to join in."

"No sports teams." Blake ordered. "They always invite others people to join in."

"You're no fun..."

"And no alcohol."

"No heavy alcohol."

"Everything has to be approved by me before it can be brought in." She finally decided. "And if you can behave, then I'll make sure they come to your party."

"Thank you so much!!"

"Please don't thank me." Ruby pressed, stepping away from the excited Sun. "I just don't want to judge you completely based on a first impression."

"Still, at the very least it means a lot that you'd agree to come to the party after how I was treating you! I'm in a weird place in my life right now and I'm having trouble talking to new people in a normal way."

"He's gay." Blake commented, instantly getting a glare from Sun.

"I'm NOT gay, I'm bi, and I prefer women." He assured, crossing his arms as straight as he could.

"He's also in denial."

Ruby cleared her throat, looking down towards the ground. "Well... It doesn't really matter if I agree to go, I still need to ask my parents."

———

"Oh, of course you can go." Summer told her, walking out of the kitchen with a glass of water. She turned towards Blake quickly. "You're in charge of the party, right?"

Sun stepped forwards, smiling confidently. "Actually ma'am, I a~"

"Yes I am, Mrs Rose. The party will be monitored by me at all times." Blake told her firmly. "No idiots involved."

"You know, one day I'm gonna be the responsible one..."

"No you won't."

Summer grinned brightly before turning back to her daughter. "Then yes, you can go to the party. Just don't tell your father, don't tell your sister, and most definitely never tell your uncle."

"Two of those people aren't even in town, mom." Ruby pointed out.

"Never underestimate those two."

"Oh fine." The girl laughed, turning back towards her friends. "Let's go get Roman and Neo in one this."

Sun threw an arm around both the girls, a massive look of energy in his eyes. "Sweet! I'm so pumped for this!"

"You're not coming." Blake quickly told him. "Roman will kill you if you come."

"It'll be fine, I have you and Ruby to~"

"We're not helping." She cut in. "Go get started on your stupid party set up and we'll go get them."

"Oh fine..." The blond finally agreed, letting them both go as he started back towards his house. "Have fun with Clockwork Orange and Little Miss Bubblegum..."

Each of the girls turned to each other before bursting into laughter, walking down the sidewalk down towards Neo's house to see the pair in question.

"No."

"You haven't even heard the offer." Blake argued.

"You want me to do something , that's enough for a no." Roman told her, taking a sip from the glass in his hand.

"Actually." Ruby interjected. "I wanted you to come to a party with me."

"Oh, why didn't you tell me Red? I'd gladly go with you to a party." He answered without question. "Where and when?"

"About that!"

"It's at Sun's house." Blake told him straight. "Tomorrow night."