A Price To Pay

Ruby stood completely frozen as she watched the scene play out before her. One of her closest friends, Roman Torchwick, was currently trying to strangle Sun Wukong for throwing a banana peel at his jacket.

Another of her friends, Blake Belladonna, was pulling on the ginger's hair, a foot planted into the blond boy's shoulder to keep him from trying to get up.

And lastly she saw Neo... no last name. The small girl was standing at the ready with a small switchblade, leaning heavily on the wall to help keep on her feet.

"Hey there, I'll just..." Ruby took the knife out of the drunk girl's hand. "I'll take that, thank you."

"Help me get this moron off that asshole!!" Blake snapped, struggling to keep Roman away from her footstool.

To be fair to him, the ginger wasn't in so little control that he'd actually hurt Blake, but he was really looking for a way around her.

Ruby put the knife away and quickly stepped in front of her friend, grabbing him by the shoulders and looking him in the eyes.

"Calm down, Torchwick." She said firmly, silver locked with dark green. "Please think this through for a moment."

"This piece of garbage has been nothing but shit to us since he's shown up." The man snapped, pointing at Sun. "He has this coming and you know it."

"I agree, but keep note that we are surrounded by people that don't really like us. And he gave them alcohol." She pointed out to the boy. "We are at a slight disadvantage."

Blake pulled Sun up by his ear, slapping him across the face with a sickeningly loud snap.

"Ok, now I'm not sure who's having it worse." Ruby whispered softly to herself.

"You complete idiot!!" The raven haired girl shouted, glaring daggers into Sun.

The blond crossed his arms, half his face red from the slap, the rest from embarrassment. "I didn't even do anythi~"

"This is not the party you agreed to! You lied to me, then you turn around an alienate the people this whole thing was put together to apologize to!!"

She had a point.

"I~" Sun closed his mouth quickly, hesitating before turning and glaring over towards Torchwick. "He's the one that was being a party pooper."

Blake narrowed her eyes. "Oh, he'll get what's coming to him, I'm just not done with you yet."

"Hold on, what do you mean 'I'll get what's coming to me'?! I haven't done anything but beat that asshole to the floor." Roman argued, Blake whipping to him with ice in her gaze.

"You? Oh, you don't get why I'm upset with you?"

"Why don't you enlighten me?" He prompted, stepping around Ruby to face her directly.

The girl who usually stuck to the background and listened in was done keeping quiet. "You've been nothing but rude to myself, to Sun, and to anyone who isn't one of your friends!! You're selfish, mean, and altogether just an asshole!!"

"Yeah, what she said!" Sun threw in, instantly having his nose cracked by Torchwick's balled fist. "OH SHIT!!!"

Ruby blinked a few times in shock. "Oh shit..."

"Oh shit!" Blake yelped in surprise, running to her friend, now on the ground in pain. "Are you ok?"

"I sure hope not." Roman muttered.

"He broke my nose!" The blond boy screamed, holding his face as blood started to pour. "He broke my fucking nose!"

"Unfortunately you can still talk." The ginger muttered before Ruby quickly turned him towards the door.

"It was great to see you! Talk to you later! Bye bye! Be safe!" She quickly shouted back, pushing Torchwick out and dragging Neo behind by her collar. "See you at school!"

"I see him, I'm breaking his nose all over again." Roman commented while exiting the house, Blake storming out and cutting the group off.

"You." She started coldly, pointing at the older boy with a silent and bitter expression. "You're nothing but a thug."

"Sweetheart, I am so much more than a thug, you just don't recognize an artist when you see one." He replied, straightening out his coat. "His face looks better than ever, if I do say so myself. Like a whole new man!"

"Don't speak to me again." She hissed, eyes narrowed in an icy glare. "Don't speak to my friends. Don't even look at them."

Torchwick smirked, leaning forward to reach eye lever with the dark haired girl.

"Sounds like a win-win to me."