Sunshine And Rainbows

Ruby made her way to the usual lunch table, Roman sitting next to Neo, who sat across from Ruby, who sat next to Blake, who sat... Next to a blond boy?

As she got closer and saw more of this boy she took note of two things. Firstly, Roman was shaking and his lips were sealed tightly. Secondly, this kid's shirt was half unbuttoned and he was completely ripped under it.

"Umm... Who is this..?" She asked carefully, worrying that Torchwick would actually explode if something went wrong.

Blake turned towards her with a brilliant smile that radiated a content joy. "Hey, Ruby. This is my friend Sun. He's one of the few friends that I did have back in Menagerie and he ended up transferring here! I figured that I'd introduce him to you guys so he'd get a few more friends."

The girl in red smiled, feeling a little better but still... Concerned. "It's good to meet you."

"I'm pretty happy to meet you too! Blake told me that you're the person to know here." Sun laughed. "And you're beautiful to boot."

Roman twitched for a moment, freezing up again to control himself.

"Umm... I'm not sure if I should ask." Ruby started, turning back to Blake. "But is Torchwick alri~"

"I'm fine!"

"Ok, never mind." The girl in red decided. "He's fine, so we're not gonna open that can of worms."

"He started getting mad at me for asking why the little girl there wasn't talking." Sun explained with an embarrassed expression. "I had no idea that she was actually mute or whatever. Sorry again for that."

Neo waved if off, seemingly not bothered by it at all. Roman was doing a very good job at not killing Sun.

"So, beautiful..." Roman tensed you even further as Sun started talking. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"I'm not looking for a date right now." Ruby clarified, carefully moving her seat between Sun and Torchwick as she spoke. "Just making it through school before I get serious on any of that is all."

"So I'm still in the running, right?"

"Not even close."

"Darn, that sucks."

"I told you." Blake started in a matter of fact tone. "You should go for men, they're easier than women are."

Sun shook his head, frowning is silent disapproval. "You're one time talk. Besides, boys are gross."

"That is the most accurate thing he has said since he sat down." The ginger atom bomb whispered, his voice much higher that it was supposed to be. That's the sound of murder.

"I mean, some women have just such nice bod~"

Sun was literally saved by the bell as Torchwick started to stand as soon as the idiot started talking.

Blake stood him up and told him to run off to the next class, to which the blond laughed and just went along with.

"I am so sorry! I swear, he's only a womanizing pig when he's nervous." The girl in black assured. "I promise I'll beat him up later."

"Let me come too..." Roman commanded. "I've got a wonderful cane for the job."

"If he can't behave himself next time, I'll let you bring the cane." The girl promised, getting along with Roman for the first time in quite a while. "I'll help clean off the blood afterwards."

Blake gave Ruby a quick hug before she ran off to meet back up with Sun in the hallways. Roman place a hand on his friend's shoulder, taking a deep breath before he looked down towards Ruby.

"If I ever hear him talk to you like that again I will kill him." He clarified to her.

The girl in red nodded slightly. "That seems fair. It seemed like Blake understood that too, so I don't think you'll have to deal with a lot of opposition."

Neo squeezed between them, a tiny knife in her hand, ready to do a stab.

"Please put that away before you hurt someone." Ruby pleaded, already tired of her amazing friends just doing their thing. "I don't want you getting suspended for a pocket knife."

Neo frowned, but put it away anyways, still snug between Ruby and Roman.

"I'm not going to start liking that kid." Torchwick promised. "I seriously hate him."