Part 1

A/N I've never really written smut before so there isn't any in here. If there is, it's at its minimum and probably not very good. Love you guys, xoxo Maleiya

-Gerard-

I usually get bullied, so I guess I should be used to it by now. But this time was different and far worse than ever has been before. I can't figure out why. It was the same group of jocks, same insults, same hallway, nothing was different. But something was ... off. I stood and picked up my books. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a short boy hiding behind a locker door. When he saw me, he acted like he was going to walk towards me and say something, but instead he just walked into his class. I stared after him a moment before walking to my next class. I sat in my usual seat in the back and drew until class was over. I got up when the bell rang and stalked down the hallway, not wanting to attract attention. I looked down the hallway and smiled to myself. Mikey and his boyfriend, Pete, were walking hand-in-hand out the door. I jogged to the door but stopped. I heard a locker door slam shut and turned around. The short boy looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and watched him walk past me. I walked after him but lost him in the crowd. I found Mikey and Pete kissing in the backseat of my car. I opened the door slowly and quietly. I leaned close to Mikey and whispered in his ear.

"How was school?"

Mikey and Pete both jumped. I sat down in the driver seat and laughed.

"It was fine. What happened to your face?"

Shit. I hated it when Mikey saw my bruises. He already has to see so many bad things, and he was only fifteen. I shook my head to tell him it was nothing. He leaned forward and put his phone on the aux cord. Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins filled my car with an all-too-familiar tune. It was our favorite band. He mimicked the bass quite while I sang. Pete followed along with one of the other guitars, but I couldn't tell which. We did that until Ray got in the car.

"Smashing Pumpkins again, Mikey?"

Mikey picked his phone up and put on Black Flags instead. Ray turned slowly but took another persona and followed along flawlessly with the lead guitar. I smiled and pulled out of the parking lot and headed in the direction of Ray's house. When we pulled into his driveway, we said our goodbyes, but Ray didn't get out yet. He looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Dude, what happened to your face?"

"Okay, fine. I got jumped again. It's not the first time, and it certainly won't be the last. At least I'm not getting raped."

I said the last part as quickly and quietly as my mouth would allow. Ray pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back.

"When school starts again, Bob and I will walk with you when we can. When we can't, Mikey and Pete will."

I leaned back in my seat and Ray got out of the car. I waited until he got inside to drive off because, come on, this was Jersey. I drove down a few blocks and turned on our street. I pulled into our driveway and got out. It was going to take some time to remember I didn't have to drop Pete off at his house anymore. His parents kicked him out when they found out he was gay, so Pete lives with us. I walked inside and started a pot of coffee.

"Momma? We're home!"

No answer. I looked around for a few minutes and everything seemed normal. As I was fixing a cup of coffee, I heard footsteps coming down the hallway. The boy from school walked into the kitchen followed by my mom.

"Oh, boys, you're here. This is Frank Iero. He's our new neighbor. He started Belleville High today. Maybe you've seen him around. Frank, these are my sons: Gerard and Mikey. This is Pete, Mikey's boyfriend. He lives with us. Anyway, Frank, why don't you go with Gerard, he'll show you around?"

"Yes ma'am. Hi guys. Gerard, let's go."

"Don't be a stranger, Frank! You know where we are if you need anything."