Part 10

-Frank-

Gerard was looking at Pete and Mikey and I was looking at him. He was so happy on stage. I heard a scream, unlike the usual fan-girl scream, stood up and looked at the back of the theatre. I saw a few people run out and then I saw a hooded figure. Everything slowed down, and I didn't know what to do. The person revealed a gun from their pocket and started shooting at the stage. Billy went down, then some of the other band members. I heard two more shots go off and Gerard fell off the stool. I saw him bleeding and felt physically hurt. The man I loved could die and I was just... frozen. I couldn't move. Mikey and Pete jumped on stage and rushed to my side. Mikey got in Gerard's face and yelled at him to call 911. I pulled out my phone and was shocked to see blood on my own hands. I looked down and there were two bullet wounds in my chest. One directly over my heart, and one in the center of my left rib cage. I looked at the rest of my body and I was drenched in blood. I fell to the ground before dialing 911 and heard Gerard scream. I started feeling light headed and drowsy. I was just tired. I'd had a long day, and was dehydrated. Gerard grabbed my hand and I smiled.

"Frank, no please."

"Gerard, stop moving. You're bleeding."

"It's not mine, baby, it's - it's yours."

I laughed and winced at the pain. I shook my head and looked Gerard in the eyes.

"I need a nap. I feel exhausted. Stay with me until I wake up? I don't want to have bad dreams, and you're like my guardian angel."

Gerard started crying and kissed my cheek.

"Of course, I'll stay with you. I love you so much."

"Oh, Gerard, you act like I'm dying. I love you too, though."

Gerard cried harder and kissed me on the lips. I started to close my eyes but something told me not to. I looked at Gerard and smiled.

"I am so lucky to have you. I want you to know that. Never forget it. One day - one day I'm gonna marry you. We're gonna have little sassy ass, artistic kids, with names so bizarre, they'd be in a band. Bandit, Lily, Cherry, and Miles. I could nickname myself Frank Iero: Party Dad. I've thought about this a lot. I want to be with you for the rest of my life."

"Frank, oh god. I-"

Gerard Interrupted himself by wrapping his arms around me, careful not to touch my wounds. He kissed me harder, yet more passionately than he ever had before. I lifted one hand and toyed with his hair. I heard sirens and tightened my grip on Gerard's hand. He squeezed my hand back and rested his forehead on mine.

"Please don't leave me."

I was going to tell him that I wouldn't dream of it, but everything blacked out before I could. The last thing I heard was Gerard screaming at the top of his lungs.

A/N I gave myself a mental breakdown writing this last chapter. I'm sorry I ended the book this way but I was originally gonna end it super happy, but come on, who actually likes happy-ever-after endings. I don't. Love you guys, xoxo Maleiya