Part 7

-Gerard-

A/N I skipped forward a month so this fanfic wasn't super cliche with the whole we-just-met-lets-immediately-fuck-and-be-boyfriends-in-two-seconds plot. I hate those plots (no matter how cute they are). I stopped the last chapter on the last day of November. Gerard went to another state during the week of Christmas and Frank wasn't allowed to go. This chapter is set on New Years Eve. I didn't feel like having fillers right now so there aren't any between Christmas and New Years. For the boys it's the same day. Anyway, sorry to spoil, but I cried writing the next few chapters. These are also the last chapters of this book. Love you guys, xoxo Maleiya

Frank lit up brighter than the Christmas tree when he opened the present I bought him. I knew he missed Pencey Prep, and they kept his guitar when he moved. I bought him a white guitar with the word "Pansey" in big sparkly sticker letters. Ever since we met, we hated not being able to touch each other. Whether it was little kisses, holding hands, brushing ankles, or putting a strand of hair behind each other's ears, we were constantly touching. There were seats all over the room, but Frank sat in my lap anyway. He turned around and hugged me.

"Oh, Gerard! You didn't have to do this. It probably cost a fortune! Your turn."

Frank got up and walked over to the tree. While he was looking for my present, my grandma leaned over towards me and whispered in my ear:

"He's a keeper, Gerard. I'm so proud of you. I love him. When are you gonna tell everyone else about this?"

"'This' isn't a thing - yet. Be patient, Elena. But trust me, when he's officially mine, he's not going anywhere."

Frank came over with a big box in his arms. He sat down on my lap again and took the top off of the box. I figured there would be maybe one or two things, not a bunch of them. Frank wiggled like a little girl and squealed. I emptied the box slowly to make a mental list of all the things inside. While there were simple things that I said I needed, like socks, mittens, and new color pencils, there were things that I didn't even know he knew I wanted, like comic books, and CDs. At the bottom of the box was an envelope. I opened it to see a note and concert tickets. I looked at Frank and he kissed my cheek. There were four tickets to see Smashing Pumpkins that night.

"Four? There's only - oh. Pete and Mikey. Makes sense. Thank you, Frank."

"Don't thank me yet, read the note."

I pulled the note out of the envelope and unfolded it. It wasn't very long, maybe a third of the page, but it looked so carefully written out. No eraser marks, no unnecessary lines. His handwriting even looked practiced. How long had he planned this? Knowing Frank, probably a while.

"Gerard,

Remember when I first moved here? I confessed that I liked you. You don't know this, but I was terrified that you wouldn't like me. In my head, I thought you were going to reject me and hurt me, but you will never even begin to understand how you made me feel when you said you liked me back. A lot of people say their heart skipped a beat, but you made my heart beat twice as much. I know it's only been a month since we became friends, but it's been the best month of my life. Gerard Way, will you be my boyfriend?"

I looked at Frank and started crying. I nodded quickly and he pushed me over. He laid on my chest and kissed me. My family started clapping and cheering. Frank smiled against my lips. I looked at my grandma and she winked at me. Since everyone's attention was on Frank and me, no one noticed Pete and Mikey in the corner having their own make-out session.

"Aw, Elena, look at your grandson. Aren't they precious?"

Pete and Mikey quickly separated and blushed. Pete took Mikey's chin and turned him. Mikey's mouth quivered, and suddenly Mikey smiled. Pete leaned back in and they kissed one more time. Everyone then clapped for them. I laughed and Frank whispered in my ear:

"We have to leave soon. The concert starts at nine and its seven-thirty."

I nodded and got up. I gave Pete the other two tickets and he read them. He nudged Mikey and told him something. They both got up and hugged Frank. They thanked him and ran up to their room. On the way up the stairs, I tapped Frank's arm.

"What are your parents gonna say?"

"Oh, shit. I don't know. Do I have to tell them?"

"They'll find out one way or another. Better coming from you. Worse case scenario, you get to move in with me."

Frank shrugged and kept going up the stairs. I closed my bedroom door behind me and opened the doors connecting Mikey's room with mine.

"Mikey? What are you guys gonna wear? We can match if you want."

Pete stuck his head around the door frame.

"What if we wore our ugliest Christmas sweaters and entered in the sweater contest? Could be fun."

"Pete, you do realize that Mikey and I don't have ugly sweaters, right? Ours are just less cute. Besides concerts are way too hot and crowded to wear sweaters. I have an extra Smashing Pumpkins t-shirt if you wanna borrow it."

Pete shook his head and revealed his own Smashing Pumpkins shirt. I nodded and turned around. Frank laid out matching outfits for the two of us. Two button up white t-shirts with black skinny jeans, and black ties.

"Who's close are these? They aren't mine, and you took half my closet."

"Merry Christmas!"

"Oh Frank, you're way too good for me."

"That's absolutely false. But believe what you want."

"Why are there ties?"

"After the concert, don't you think we will be hungry? I have reservations at that new Italian buffet place."

"Frank, you really outdid yourself! How the fuck did you afford all this expensive shit?"

Frank shrugged, pulling my head down to him so he could give me a kiss. I laughed when he pulled away. We both changed and went in the bathroom.

"Pete, Mikey? We're using the bathroom real quick, we'll be out in a minute."

"Showing each other your dicks, are you?"

"No Mikey, damn. We're fixing our hair."

Pete laughed and closed their door. I turned to look at Frank and he was brushing his hair.

"No sir. I'm fixing you up tonight."