Part 2

-Frank-

Gerard was drinking coffee. He walked upstairs and I looked at Mikey confused. Before Mikey said anything I heard a bang upstairs. We all ran up there and found Gerard in what I assumed to be his room.

"Gerard what the hell happened? Pete, go get some paper towels. Frank if you could stay here, I'm gonna go get the broom."

Pete and Mikey rushed out of the room past me. Gerard looked up at me and laughed. Then he looked around and saw what happened. His eyes rested on a few pieces of paper on the floor and screamed.

"What, Gerard, what is it?"

"I dropped my coffee trying to put my backpack on the desk. It-it spilled all over the comic I was working on."

I walked over and picked up the papers, careful not to tear them. They weren't soaked, but they were definitely damaged. I took them into the bathroom that joined Gerard's and Mikey's rooms. I turned on his hair dryer and started blow-drying his papers. I sat them flat on the counter and took a piece of toilet paper to pat them dry. They were mostly dry when Mikey and Pete came back with paper towels and a broom. Mikey sweeped up the pieces of broken glass while Pete cleaned the coffee mess. I looked at Gerard and discovered he was already staring at me. He didn't break eye contact once. His eyes sparkled in the sunlight coming through his window. His hair was a hot mess, as if it hadn't been washed in a few days. I smiled at him, and he blinked a few times. We walked downstairs and got in the car.

"Frank, what type of music are you into?"

Instead of answering, I smiled and plugged my phone up with aux cord. I went through my playlist and found a song by my band, Pency Prep. Gerard gasped and threw his hands up.

"How perfect are you?"

"I am not perfect. Nowhere near it."

"Oh, come on. Don't say that. You seem pretty cool."

I laughed again. Gerard obviously didn't expect that response and arched an eyebrow. Gerard returned his attention to the song, and I watched him sing the main chorus. He had such an amazing voice. I played air-guitar until the bridge and watched Gerard delicately play the guitar riff.

"How do know how do to that so well? The song barely came out last week."

"It's my favorite song."

He started down the street and ended up going past Belleville High and towards the Middle school.

"It's my band."

Fuck, no it's not. When I transferred from the Catholic school I used to attend, I quit the band.

"Well it was. It broke up when I moved."

Gerard stopped the car and stared at me.

"Really!"

"Did you just squeak?"

Gerard blushed. He nodded and I looked from his eyes to his lips. Somehow we had gotten really close to each other. I leaned in further and hesitated, still looking at his lips. He licked his lips and slammed them into mine. Even though his lips looked chapped, the were surprisingly slimy. He pulled away for a second so we could breathe.

"Why are your lips slimy?"

"Ah, that's because I'm singing"

I put my head on his shoulder and he kissed the top of my head.