Part 8

-Frank-

I put down the brush and smiled. I sat on the stool that Gerard put in front of me and he turned me around so I couldn't see what he was doing. After he brushed my hair, he started on my makeup.

"Gerard, I don't wear make-up."

"You do tonight, sweetheart."

I smiled a little. Gerard did a few things, not a lot, thankfully. After some small touch ups, he turned me around. I didn't look bad at all. I felt like I could rule the world. I turned and hugged Gerard. Then I sat him down and started putting on his eyeliner.

"Stop twitching!"

"I can't. Deal with it."

I also did a little mascara and highlight.

"You have a little something in your eye."

I leaned in, so he could get whatever it was. I wasn't surprised though, when he kissed me.

"Did you get it?"

"Oh fuck no. Let me try again."

We kissed again and Mikey opened up their door.

"Fuck out of the way people, I have to pee."

We laughed and walked out of the bathroom. We sat on the bed and realized we only wasted twenty minutes. We still had a little over an hour to get to the concert.

"Wanna go tell your parents?"

"Yeah, might as well. Half of my stuff is already here anyway. Come with?"

"I guess. You're moved in now. He can't hurt me. Maybe I'll be okay."

"Um, okay. Come on."

Gerard followed me to my front door. When I opened the door, he hesitated. I held his hand and told him everything would be okay. I would have to ask him what he meant later when he said 'he can't hurt me'. What was that about? We walked inside and my parents were in the living room.

"Hello parents. Well, hate to be rushed about it, but I'm on a tight schedule. This is Gerard, our neighbor. He and I, well-"

"Frank, why the fuck are you holding hands?"

"Dad, let me get to that. We are-"

"Is this where you've been the past month? You're never home anymore. We missed you."

"Mom, I missed you too. But-"

"Frank! How-"

"Dammit, Dad! Stop interrupting me. I'm gay, okay? Gerard is my boyfriend."

"What did you say?"

"I'm sorry, Dad. I can't change how I am, not that I want to."

"Get the fuck out of my house, I will have no gay shit."

"Fucking fine. I don't even want to live here."

Gerard walked up to my dad, I tried to stop him but he yanked his arm away.

"How are you going to kick out your only son? What does that say about your parenting? You don't deserve to have this beautiful human being in your presence. Either of you!"

Gerard walked off, grabbing my arm, and leading me down the hallway. He stopped and let me open my bedroom door. He grabbed my suitcase from the closet and started opening drawers. He found all of his clothes - that I stole on purpose - and threw them in. I went to the bathroom and packed up all of my stuff. When I went back in my room, he was looking in one of the desk drawers.

"I didn't know you did photography."

"I'll show you the pictures later, right now we really don't have any time."

Gerard set my camera down in my bag and looked back in the drawer. He lifted a piece of paper and stopped. He picked something up and slowly turned towards me.

"Frank?"

"Yes?"

"Why do have this? You don't - you don't use it do you?"

"I'll explain when we get back to your house okay? Please just help me pack."

I went into the kitchen and packed all of my medication in a small box. I went into the living room and got my computer and all my CDs. I went back to my room to tell Gerard I had everything I needed, but he was sitting on my bed, still messing with the blade.

"Gerard. I'm sorry about this. I stopped a long time ago. Just please let's go. I don't want them coming in here and yelling at us anymore."

Gerard put the blade back in the drawer and grabbed my bags.