Part 5

-Gerard-

"What the actual fuck? Frank! Don't fucking do that!"

I play hit him in the arm and started laughing.

"Where's Pete and Mikey?"

"In their room, fucking."

Frank lifted his eyebrows and chuckled softly. He put the pillows and blankets in the back seat and put his backpack in the floorboard. He fished his phone out of his front pocket and plugged it in with the aux cord. This time he played Green Day on low volume. I shook my head, and drove to the Drive-In. It was nearing twilight, and started snowing when I pulled into the parking space"Maybe we'll get a white Christmas. Funny how you started the last day of the semester."

Frank grabbed the blankets and put them over us. I grabbed the food and gave Frank a bag of chips. We barely watched the movie. We talked about our pasts, school, comics, and music.

"You know, Frank. If I were to write a song, I'd write one about this movie. It would probably make no sense, but it would be a chart topper."

I realized how much more I like Frank when he started talking about tattoos. I never would've guessed it, but he said he wanted to be covered in tattoos. He also said he hoped he would have kids one day. Kids that had names so bizarre they could be in an awesome punk band. He was about to go describe what it was like being in Pencey Prep but he stopped abruptly.

"What's wrong?"

"The movie's over."

I looked at the screen and the credits were rolling.

"Oh. Wanna go get real food? I'm a sucker for junk food but I don't need to gain anymore weight than necessary."

"There's a Subway around the corner right?"

I nodded and drove to the Subway. Inside a girl screamed.

"GERARD! Hello!"

I looked at Frank's worried face and rolled my eyes.

"Hey, Lindsey."

"Who's this dweeb?"

"This is Frank. He's not a dweeb, and stop being a bitch to the people I hang out with."

Lindsey scrunched up her face.

"Why are you with him? He's new, you never hang out with new kids."

"He's my neighbor. We just got back from a movie. Can we please order? We need to get home before eight."

Lindsey nodded and got to work. I wished she hadn't been so mean to Frank. He just got here, I didn't want him to feel unwanted already. We payed fifty/fifty after some compromise. I wanted to pay since I invited him, he wanted to pay because I payed for the movie. I thanked Lindsey, wished her a Happy Holidays and got in the car.

"Sorry about that. Lindsey has liked me since kindergarten, but I've never given her the time of day. Or for that matter, time of night."

I laughed and took a bite out of my sandwich. Frank leaned over and I thought he was going to kiss me, but instead he licked the mayonnaise off of my lips. I blushed and Frank laughed. I loved his laugh. He sounded like a child on laughing gas.