I Once Contained Light

Chapter 20

I Once Contained Light

(Mother of the Darkest Night)

Iza's POV

The darkness that consumed my perception was killed my light that nearly blinded me. I called out for Gab and Sam but there was no response. I looked around and gasped in fear, there in the middle of a decaying meadow stood three columns. Sam and Gab stood on two of them opposite each other. I shouted for them but they remain still in an almost a trance state. "They can't hear you, they're not even in the same realm as we are."
I turned my head to find that same familiar voice,"Aiden," I whispered.

"Yes,Belle this is my doing, this is my realm where I do as I please."
His hair past his shoulders in ash blond locs and his eyes grew pale golden. The pale gold robe he wore sparkled in the light as he walked towards me.
"Your realm, you're telling me that you sent us here right?"

He chuckled before speaking," well I sent you here with me, they are stuck inbetween the two realms, in other words their bodies are here but their minds are somewhere else."

"Why?"

" I need them paralyzed so the ritual will work."
My stomach tensed up at the word," Aiden, why are you doing all of this?"
"Isn't this what you wanted, for them to pay for all of the shame and pain they caused you," he questioned me and I stood back in confusion.
"What are you talking about you are insane,why are you doing this to us?"
He grabbed my shoulders hard," I'm doing this for us, no more hiding in the darkness you and I. You told me before all of this that one day we would find each other once more. Well here we are and I'm not going to give up all that we've worked for."
My head was spinning in so many directions like I was on a roller coaster gone off of its track. I felt Aiden's arms around me and he whispered to me while gently brushing my hair with his hand,"don't worry Hecate, they will pay for what the made us go through."

(Unknown's flashback)
The rope that bound my feet and wrists embedded deep into my flesh but I held back my tears. People of all ages crowded around to watch as I hung high from a wooden cross. "Burn the witch, the whore of the devil," some old hag shouted. The crowd let out an uproar, throwing pieces of vegetables at me. A tomato smashed against my face,blurring my vision in a red tint.
I kept my head down barely moving in reaction to their hatred, they didn't know any better. Before I knew the crowd was silent which caused me to look up through my hair to see what was going on. An older man in a top hat and tailored suit stood in front of me. He watched me intently with gray blue eyes and a stern face. He grinned devilishly before turning back to the crowd," this woman, this whore has been charged with witchcraft and with the help of my colleagues, she confessed to the crime, in fact she even admitted to adultery with the devil!"
The crowd gasped in shock and one of the women fainted in someone's arms.
The man in the top hat faced me once more," this town and it's lovely people have found you guilty of these hence acts against God and you are sentenced to burn at the stake. Do you have any lasts words to give, repent for your soul?"
I got the sudden rush of anger that covered me making hands shake. I flung my head up sending my red hair behind my head," it wasn't adultery, we made love against the moonlight not your god," with that last word I spat on the gravel.

The town's people doubled over in their animosity screaming hateful remakes that definitely weren't Christian in nature. Someone splashed a substance all over my body that smelled so strong I squinted my eyes to see. The man in the top hat had a torch in his hand as he stood in front of me," Goodbye daughter," he lit the dry bush under my feet and soon my entire body was in flames. the pain was agonizing but all I did was laugh as loud as I could just to show them that through all odds, nothing they did could truly kill me, I was and will always be eternal.