You Caught Me

Chapter 21

Lights Out

(The Re-birth)

'It's only water

It's only fire

It's only love

It's only slaughter

We're only liars

It's only blood

They're only thoughts that I'm having;

Thoughts safe within my head.

You're only crying

You're only dying

You're only dead...' Odesza Feat: Zyra

(Aiden A.K.A Lucifer's POV)

I rested Belle onto the ground, she passed out from the shock," When all of this is over I promise you'll never have to worry again," I whispered.
Her eyes flutter under the lids which made me wonder if she was dreaming. I lingered over her for a moment watching her chest rise and fall rhythmically. She looked so beautiful it made me question why I could ever have hated a creature like her, so fragile that one mistake could break her like glass. At that very moment I thought of her centuries ago, I thought about the woman I fell for.

(Flashback)

I slithered from under a decaying tree onto the forest floor. The plants had begun to bloom so pollen and nectar scented the air. Birds sang to each other in retreat of my presence,'little shits might warn any prey in the area,' I thought to myself. Tracking left over fecal droppings I quietly stalked one back to its hole under a tree stump. I could smell it in there, hear it breathing as it slept. Quietly I inched my way in making sure not to stir the thing. Just as I was halfway in I hear a dog barking in the distance, quickly I slithered under some leaves pretending to be a tree root. A moment later a hound appeared and I knew just from the look of him that he was a hunter's pet, I knew that soon after he showed up so would a HUMAN.

Quickly I hid under some leaves near a tree, disguising myself as a root. A moment later a brown hound sniffed its way into the hole where the creature still slept. I heard growling and what sounded like tiny cries. I peaked through the leaves to see just what I missed out on. The dog pulled out a plump hare and gave it a good shake to check if it was dead. My stomach ached at the sight of that fat fucker, I could've eaten off of that for atleast three days. I heard footsteps approaching, the human of course. I hid my face again not to be seen.

"What do you have there Benjamin," I heard the human speak, female I presume.

I peaked from under the leaves to see her. She knelt down as the dog placed the now lifeless rabbit below his owner's feet. "Look at the size of it, you did good boy," she rubbed the dog's crown and he wagged his tail.

A breeze sent some of the leaves that covered my body into the air along with my scent. The dog sniffed the air and slowly growled. Without hesitation i slithered behind the tree at top speed. It grew quiet and I knew that I had to think fast.

"Who's there," the woman called out. I sensed no fear in her voice which worried me for a moment.

I shifted into a more appealing shape, replacing scales and fangs for skin and teeth.

"I'm not going to ask again, if you're a person come out now." I could hear what sounded like a bow being drawn.

I took a deep breath and ran my now fingers in my blonde hair. I stepped out from behind the tree with my hands raised. "Isn't unladylike to point those at travelers," I said in a husky voice not trying to sound more manly but because I hadn't spoken a word in so long.

"Hmm. Depends," she spoke unchanged.

I walked forward one step," On what?"
The dog growled directly at me protecting his owner.

"Depends on if the traveler provokes me," she raised the arrow straight at my head.

I had to think on my feet and keep calm," what is a lady such as yourself doing out here in the forest?"

"I hunt here. This is my father's land," she spoke.

"Your father allows you to hunt and all by yourself?"

"When he's off over seas he has no sway in my decisions, and I barely see him."

I chuckled to myself, who would've thought I had something in common with a human and a woman at that.
"What humours you so," she asked.

"Oh it just reminded me about my father, he's a stickler."

She eyed me up and down,"how so?"

"Well he's always uptight about following orders and my brothers were so eager to follow them even the most unbelievable of commands and don't get me started on wrath he had when you didn't do as he please," I felt myself being so open with her, it was odd.

The dog growled steadily at me until I stared into its eyes and it sat down.
She looked at me and for a split second I saw a flicker in her eyes, but it quickly went away.

"I'm Mersin and you are," I reached my hand out as I remembered humans do this in greeting.

Without taking her eye off me she lowered her bow and shook my hand,"Lilith."

I smiled at her,"Aww a beautiful name for a beautiful maiden."

"So Mersin if you are a traveler then where are your shoes?"

I looked down at my pale feet covered in dirt.

"I was robbed and the only thing that I had of value were my boots," telling tales just seemed to slither off my tongue.
Lilith stared at me for a moment and I felt a thud in my chest, what the hell was that?

"I have a pair of men's shoes in my cottage left over by my father, come with me and I'll give them to you, we could also talk more about your father while I make supper. I mean if you don't minding eating a ground rabbit."

"That would be lovely, yes sure, thank you," I was surprised at how kind this human was being, but I still wasn't impressed.

(We spent the rest of the day chit chatting about our lives and what not, Lilith convinced me to stay with her until I could get back on my feet. I stayed for over three years up until that night when she was taken from me by the very people she knew as her community. My Lilith, my strong and beautiful brilliant little diamond in an ocean of coal. They couldn't taint her with their words so in the end they chose force and fire, but in the end they shall perish in flame.)

Like.

Comment.

Follow.
:)