Chapter 16, A father's love

The sound of chirping was heard as the morning sun shined through the open window as the wind blowing in caused the white curtains to ruffle.

Standing up the hospital bed a young girl changed into a loose pastel pink dress, pulling her long strands of brown hair free. Shifting her hair fell down her back reaching her bottom in loose waves. Her eyes sparkling with a new sense of excitement as her silver necklace around her neck gleamed.

Hearing the sound of the door knocking she turned with a smile as she slipped on her flats.

"Come in." The girl spoke out smiling brightly as the eldest sibling walked with a gentle smile.

"Your ready, Mitsuki?" Masaomi asked the young girl who smiled nodding her head as she glanced around the white hospital room finally relieved to be able to leave.

"Hai, Masa-onii," Mitsuki replied picking up her bag that carried the small amount of stuff they had brought for her. Including the two stuffed animals, she always carried around.

"Here, let me," Masaomi said as he took the bag away from her.

"Thank you, Masa onii-san. I'm not that weak you know. Ukyo-nii has been making sure I eat well." Mitsuki reminded him with a bright smile he returned. Her smile soon faded as a thought came into her mind. Placing her arms behind her back she gripped her wrist with her other hand. 

"Nii-san, What happened with Natsume Nii-san?" Frowning Masaomi gazed down at his sister letting out a small smile.

"Natsume hasn't been wanting to leave his apartment since that day he blames himself." Hearing her brother's words tears filled her eyes. Clenching her hands she looked down at the ground shaking her head.

"It wasn't his fault. It was my own, he was only trying to help me. After that day years ago I felt so hurt I just wanted someone to blame. So I blamed Natsume Nii-san all this time." Mitsuki muttered sadly.

"Mitsuki...what happened between you and Natsume?" 

"What happened with Louis onii-san? He hasn't come once either." Mitsuki asked trying to stir away from the conversation as fast as possible. Masaomi frowned at her poor attempt. Saving it in the back of his head he decided to leave this conversation for another time.

"He felt ashamed to see you. He didn't react well that day. When they pulled you out of the water, Louis... He had a panic attack, he was terrified. Thinking you were dead, and then when he found out that you were with Natsume when it happened. He punched Natsume. I've never seen him like that. We had to get him out of here and let him calm down. Since then he's been feeling ashamed, staying the apartment on top of his studio." Tears once again filled Mitsuki's eyes as she felt an intense amount of pain and guilt not being able to imagine what had been going through Louis's mind then. She had to see him. To show him she was okay.

"Masa Onii-san, can you take me to Louis onii-san's studio?" Mitsuki asked with a tremble in her hands as they fell to her sides. Once again Masaomi felt as if he was being silenced from another secret. He himself had taken notice of how close the bond between the two was when they were children. Mitsuki herself had no clue she had been adopted by their mother until she stumbled upon their late father and mother speaking about it. She was only a child barely five. He could still remember her crying, wondering why her birth mother had given her up. Crying realizing she wasn't blood-related to the two people that had raised her and loved dearly. 

It was Louis who had comforted her all those nights. After she had grown to seek out caring brother. Finding a new bond and comfort in the thing the two adopted siblings carried. It had never been something to be thought of. They never thought deeply about it as long as she was smiling and happy. Yet when Masaomi saw Louis' terrified white-faced expression when they pulled her out of the water. The fright it even brought Masaomi when Louis had the panic attack and the rage in his mellow brother's eyes punching Natsume. Masaomi couldn't help but wonder if there was something he was missing.