two | The Mall Rats

SULIT | II.
"I LIKE TO WATCH MOVIES"
( 'RELATIONSHIP DRAMA' )

 "I LIKE TO WATCH MOVIES"( 'RELATIONSHIP DRAMA' )

***

"HAM OR TURKEY?" Danielle asked as she held up two sandwiches her mother had made before running errands. One of the sandwiches had been meant for Max, but Danielle would make it up to her by taking her to the arcade or buying her ice cream.

"Turkey," Angela answered as she took the sandwich from Danielle. She unwrapped it and took a huge bite out of it and let out a satisfied moan, "Your mom makes the best sandwiches."

"I know," Danielle answers as she takes a bite of her own sandwich. A part of her felt weird about her mother's housewife status. She loved her mother, but she didn't want to end up like her.

"So are we going to talk about Robin?" Angela asked her.

"No," Danielle answered, "Because there is nothing to talk about."

"You're kidding me, right? She gave you free ice cream! What woman gives another woman free ice cream?" Angela asks, taking another bite of her sandwich, "When guys give you free things, they want to date you. Why is it any different with women?"

Danielle eyed Angela, "You're strangely perceptive, you know that?"

"Yes, that's why I know that Robin is into you and that you should ask her to hangout," Angela tells her.

"But I don't know her," Danielle voices, "What if she's just super nice and I'm getting this all wrong?"

Angela doesn't get the chance to answer as Max and another girl storm into their house. She looked familiar, but Danielle didn't know her name.

"Hello," Danielle said, greeting the two girls.

"Danielle and Angela, this is El. El this is my older sister Danielle and Lucas's sister, Angela," Max introduced.

"Hi," El says softly.

"We have boy problems," Max said as she began making her way to her room, El trailing behind her.

"I want to hear," Danielle shouted after her. Max rounded the corner once again, her eyes narrowing at her sister.

"Really?" Max asks and Danielle nods, taking a seat at the table in the kitchen. Max looks at El who shrugs and takes a seat at the table as well. Angela pushes herself off of the counter and takes a seat beside Danielle. Max is the last to sit down, seemingly hesitant about the situation.

"Is it about Lucas?" Angela asks, seemingly eager to hear about her brother's relationship.

"Actually, it's about Mike," Max says, "He and El are dating."

"Mike Wheeler has a girlfriend?" Danielle can't help but ask, feeling extremely dreadful that her fourteen-year-old sister and her friends had far more interesting love-lives than she did.