New Girl

I swear this gets better as it goes on so be patient please😂

Christen's POV

"Hey Chris", I turned to see my best friend Kelly looking at me with her big friendly smile. I pulled her into my arms. "Hey kel you ready for junior year?" I asked the smaller girl. She sighed loudly "I hate school already". With her statement I smacked her arm teasingly. She rubbed her arm but quickly looked at me again, "hey did you hear about the new freshman?". I was confused by this. I hadn't heard of anybody new around town. The town is pretty small and word travels fast if there was a newcomer.

I opened my locker with the combination I've had the last two years, having the numbers carved in my head. "No I haven't. What have you heard?"

She smirked quickly and excitingly shouted "omg! I heard she's this nasty soccer player from UNC! She plays midfield and I guess she's amazing! The story is that she signed to UNC but regretted it. She wanted to be closer to some family here in California. Her aunt works at High Street hospital. You better meet her soon considering you're the new captain and all" with that she sent a quick wink my way.

I smirked back "yeah and I'm co-captain with your lover. How is Hope?". I saw her cheeks flush red and as she was about to open her mouth the senior goalkeeper wrapped her arms around the freckled girl. "Hi baby". Kelly sighed into the embrace as I held back my gag. They were cute and maybe I was just jealous because I wanted a girl. Yes, a girl. Yes, I'm gay. Surprised? Most people are.

I grabbed my schedule and books for my first classes and was about to head on my way until my dean stopped me. Mr. Gregg was the nicest guy you could ever meet if you were a soccer player, for others not so much. He was a huge fan of the girls team at Stanford because we were the only team that has won a national title or three.

He always wore dark suits with funky ties. He smelt of an older man. He reminded me a lot of those grandfathers from the movies who were grumpy until they become fond of you. He was overall a very nice man.

"Ms. Press just the girl I was coming to see". He lifted his hand in the air and I reciprocated the high five laughing slightly at his enthusiasm. He smiled and continued, "you have a very talented midfielder coming in. I'm excited to see her on the pitch this year. I gave you the pleasure of having almost all classes with her and to show her around. You two have the same major so it's not a big deal".

I nodded, "yeah of course Mr. G I'm excited to meet her". Which was very true. We lost one of our key midfielders last year because Syd graduated. She plays for the Orlando Pride now and I'm so proud of her. If this girl is as good as everyone is saying then I can't wait.

He smiled his deep smile and looked ecstatic at my answer. Huge fan I'm telling you! He cleared his scratchy throat slightly, "alright well she's in the office if you would go meet her".

I smiled and turned towards the office. Weird as it may be, I missed the school. I missed the spotlight of being the Christen Press. Not in a bitchy way, just in the way that I like to inspire people, especially young girls, to play the game I love so much. I love the packed games and the fans cheering loudly. I missed the extra love from professors. Before I knew it I was at the door of the office and as I opened it I was crushed in a hug by the receptionist, Linda. Linda was amazing and loved me like her daughter. Her youngest daughter was one of my biggest supporters.

Her arms were squeezing the life out of me and I felt my lungs begging to breathe, "Linda I love you but I can't breathe". She quickly let me go and returned to her desk as I heard the most perfect chuckle behind me.

I turned to see the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She had a gorgeous smile that reached her honey gold eyes that paired perfectly with her brown hair. She was in a soccer shirt that was tight around her arms and showcased her strong muscles and amazing body. She had nike running shorts on that showed the rest of her tan and sexy body. I shamelessly continued checking this girl out until I met her playful eyes. I blushed a deep shade of red knowing she had caught me checking her out.

She quickly stood and offered me her hand which I took. "I'm Tobin, Tobin Heath and you must be..." she waited for a response as I continued to stare.

"Oh! I'm Christen, Christen Press" I quickly said and blushed further. Come on Press! Where's your game? Oh wait you've never been interested in anyone, nether less flirt with anyone until this moment.

Tobin smiled and racked eyes up and down my body. I suddenly felt severely insecure before she said "you know I heard boys talking about how sexy Christen Press was in the hallway and now I know what the fuss is all about". I almost choked. Did she just? I ducked my flushed face as I knew she was smirking at my reaction. Game on Heath.

"Well Heath I guess they'll have another sexy soccer player to talk about now". I watched the slightly taller girl flush and visibly become very nervous. Point for me!

She stepped closer and I swear I couldn't breathe. "Aren't you supposed to be showing me to class Press?". She stepped back with playfulness exuberayting off of her face. I frowned slightly as I could no longer smell her. She smelt amazing. Almost of vanilla mixed with sexy cologne.

I once again flushed. I completely forgot. "Of course Heath. Let's go loser"

She gasped and placed her hand over her heart. "That one hurt my feelings" she laughed slightly.

I laughed while looking at the girl walking beside me. "You like it" I stared with a smile.

She smiled back, "yeah I do".

I felt happy with Tobin. This girl is going to be trouble. I'm already so into her. I don't even think she's gay! Straight girls love to act flirty to other girls. Ugh! Tobin Heath is an angel.