Mother

Christens POV
"You seem oddly chipper today honey, I'm guessing the sleepover with the girls was fun".

"Yeah mom it was great! You don't even wanna know. We made Pinoe lick the floor and Tobin-"

At the mention of Tobins name my mother cuts me off, "Tobin huh? You've been talking an awful lot about this girl. Anything you wanna tell me Chrissy".

I can feel my face heat up at my mom's words. As I duck my head in embarrassment my mom's hand finds my shoulder. I look up quickly to find her humorous smile and excited eyes.

"My little baby has a crush! Alright you call Tobin, I need to meet her tonight. We'll have dinner"

"Mom stop. I just saw her last night. I doubt she wants to see me again right away" I say.

My mom grabs my phone off the counter and when I begin to protest she gives me that "I'm in charge listen" look. My mom is amazing and is my best friend but she scares the hell out of me.

"Siri, text Tobin"

"Okay Christen, What would you like to say to Tobin Red Heart"

My mom smirks at Tobins contact name and I duck my red face further into my sweatshirt.

"Hey Tobin come over tonight around 7?"

"Okay here is your message, ready to send?"

"Yes"

And with that the invitation had been sent. I'm so nervous. What if she doesn't wanna see me? What if she doesn't actually wanna be with me? What If she regrets last night?

DINGGGGG

Tobin: of course! Can't wait to see you again, I kinda miss you already :)

As soon as I read the adorable message from Tobin my mother snatched the phone. Her face visibly lit up at Tobins response.

"Okay Chris, go get ready! I'll make dinner. I can't wait to meet your little girlfriend honey!"

"She's not my girlfriend!" I yell as I run up the stairs. Not yet anyways. But soon. Tobin Heath will be mine.

Oh god Tobin. I look at the clock 5:45. I have a little over an hour to get ready!