Messy road

Pinoe's POV

"So Pinoe how is everything going?"

"Oh you know it's all well here. We're all meeting in my room after dinner to watch a movie"

"That's great! How is Tobin adjusting?" Jill asked concerned. I was meeting with coach to talk about the team dynamic and such as I normally do with Christen but Jill wanted to check on Tobin and to make sure she wasn't being scared by an upper classman.

"Honestly she's great. Her and Press have been attached at the hip. Chris is really helping her with everything"

Christen's POV

"Fuck Chris"

"Do you wanna stop?" I asked concerned. Her hands covered her face.

"No"

"Okay" I smiled and moved even closer to her. Her smile grew as my presence neared hers and I couldn't help but smile back.

"So where were we?"

"Number five" Tobin groaned. We were working on her math homework. I'd like to say I'm pretty smart so I offered to help be her tutor or whatever.

"Alright just take your time, remember to differentiate the numbers"

I watched the beautiful girl before me write down the numbers in her notebook and start doing the actual calculus out. I placed my hand on her arm and she tensed. Hmm wonder what that's about. Her hand stopped writing but the problem wasn't done.

"What's wrong? You didn't finish" I laughed slightly.

"Oh uh yeah sorry" she seemed oddly flustered and her cheeks had a red tint to them.

"So are you gonna do the math?"

"Yeah sorry I just um I don't know your hand I guess, it distracted me" she stuttered out. She's so adorable.

"Aww I'm sorry I didn't realize I made you so nervous Heath"

"More than you know" she mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing!"

Ring ring ring
Sis is calling...

"Saved by the bell Heath. I'll be right back"

She gave me a thumbs up as I stepped on to the balcony of the hotel room and answered my sister's FaceTime call.

"Hey Ty"

"What's up? Just checking in". Tyler always checked on me when we went on little trips.

"Oh not much helping Tobin with math" I smiled.

"Ahh Tobin, the freshman right?"

I felt myself smile even more as she mentioned the gorgeous girl in the room. "Yeah"

"Oh no" she laughed. "You have a crush on the new girl!"

My cheeks turned hot real fast but I tried to deny it. "What? No"

"I'm not dumb Chris. How long?"

I scratched the back of my neck nervously. "Maybe a month".

"Wow" she exclaimed. "Well I can't wait to meet her as your new girlfriend"

"She's not my-"

"Ah sorry I got to go! Leaving to go out with friends. Love you!" She hung up the phone before I could even respond. Classic Tyler.

She wasn't my girlfriend. Or was she? Does she want that? I want that.

I walked back in the room to see Tobin in her bed.

I jumped on top of her and we both began laughing.

"You wanna watch something before dinner?" She asked.

"Of course... you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Criminal minds!" We said at the same time. She was a type of perfect I couldn't really explain. She was the type of girl that you would wait years to only see for a few seconds. She was the type of girl that makes any other girl seem subpar. She was everything that I wanted. The way she made me feel I could only describe in one word, "magic". It sounded cheesy but it was true. She was everything that made the world seem bright. She was everything but she wasn't mine. Maybe she would be maybe she wouldn't be. I could only hold on to her for so long.

This was a great start to a messy road but how it would end I wasn't sure.