Welcome to New York

Jills POV

I am very excited to take this trip with my girls! The team has become like 23 of my own daughters and I'm so happy I have such an amazing group of players. Yes they play soccer exceptionally well but the people they are off the field are even more terrific. I'm assigning the rooms for the hotel at the moment. You may think it's easy but that isn't the case. I try to assign people with their friends but make sure that there is no possible room for fighting. Not saying there would be but just making sure.

"You look focused". I look up to see my assistant Dawn besides me.

"Hey Dawn, yeah. I'm trying to do the room assignments for our trip tomorrow". My blank paper below me didn't help. Placing 23 people with pairs was difficult on its own.

"Well if anyone can do it, it's you. I'll be working on the game film. If you need help give me a shout"

I shot a genuine smile and went back to my pairings.

Okay.

Let's start with the obvious ones.

Hope Carli and Pinoe (Hope is not with Kelley because god knows what those two would be up to. So I'm placing my 3 seniors together).

Becky and Abby D (the defensive duo)

Rose and Lindsey

Sam and Sonnet

Jess and A Franch

Kelley and Allie

Morgan and Tierna

Okay. That's 15 out of the way. Now maybe I can just figure something out.

Ash and Ali (I didn't want to put them together for obvious reasons but I trust them not to be too wild)

Alex and Mal (those two get along really well so that's a given)

Julie and Crystal

Tobin and Christen

I know what you're thinking about that last one. Putting the senior captain with the new freshman seems crazy. Their connection on the field is absolutely amazing! If I have to force them to be friends off the field then I will. I have seen her drive Tobin a few times and they laugh with each other often at practice so maybe they are friends already.

I texted the list to our group chat and got a ton of positive feedback

Julie: Perfect lineups!

Carli: Veterans unite.

Pinoe: good luck Heath😉

Sonnett: ^ Pressy behave

Ashlyn: guys Coach is here!

These girls are crazy. Did I make the wrong decision? What's going on with Pressy and Tobin? I guess we'll see tomorrow.

The next day

Christens POV

Currently we're flying to New York and I'm ecstatic. Plus I may or may not have the hottest girl ever as my roommate. Speaking of my roommate. She's asleep on my shoulder. I open my camera and take multiple photos of us together. She's so cute.