Aye, aye captain

Tobins POV

"So how do you like the team?". I felt a hand on my forearm and I look to meet my favorite pair of grey eyes. It's been about 2 weeks and I have been training with my new team. I really enjoyed all the girls and they have become my new family.

I smile at Christen's hand gently rubbing the veins on my bicep. "I really like it. All the girls are super cool! It's much better than UNC".

She smiled at my response and faced back towards the board. "Hey I was thinking of having the team over tonight for a sleepover. The house we normally stay in isn't fully set up with all our furniture yet so most of us are at our homes still. I'm at my parents house for another month but once the season starts we all live together. You'll be there right?"

"Of course Chris. I wouldn't miss an opportunity to hangout with you". Her face heated at my words. These past weeks me and Chris have been flirting nonstop. I know she likes me. Everyone's been telling me. She already acts like we're together. She walks me to class, she holds my hand, she steals my sweatshirts. I am completely okay with all of it because I really like her. I just won't be the one making the first move. I'm definitely the shy one out of the two of us.

She smirked at me. "I mean how could you. It's me". Her confidence was definitely attractive. I played nervously with the end of my shirt, the way I always do when she's near me. Christen is confident and very outgoing and she leaves me a shy, nervous wreck.

I pushed her playfully and she smiled as she pushed me further than I had. I simultaneously ran right into Ashlyn Harris.

"Hey Pressy isn't this your girl? Why are you throwing her to me. You know I have Ali". Ashlyn joked. I blushed profusely. Am I her girl? No nope. Nothing has happened besides some flirting but it's all fake. I think. Ugh! She's so confusing. She might not even be gay.
"Aww look Pressy! Tobs is blushing" Ali Krieger, Ashlyn's girlfriend adds on to the teasing.

"Shut up" I say as I glare at the couple. I feel two hands wrap around me from behind and I already know it's Christen.

"Be nice babe" she kissed my cheek teasingly. I was quick to laugh and shove her away. Although her embrace is always my favorite, I know she's kidding.

"You can shut up to Press"

She smirked, "make me Heath"

"I will!" I say confidently

She stepped closer to me as my back now hit the locker. "Better do something to keep my mouth busy huh?"

"I-uh" my confidence drained the moment she was inches from me.

She giggled. "I'll see you at practice and then you can come back to my house with me. I'll drive. Don't be late or you'll be running new girl!"

I laughed at her taunting, "Aye, aye captain"

She jogged quickly and I watched her as she walked the hallway and off to class. I sighed dreamily at her.

"Woah. I haven't seen Chris so into a girl before. Chris finally has a girlfriend!". I turned to look at Ashlyn. I completely forgot half the team was standing at the lockers.

"I've got uh class! See you guys at practice!" I quickly ran off to my next class. Could Christen Press like me? THE Christen Press. Junior captain Christen Press.