For awhile

Tobin's POV

Fuck Shirley. I'm getting evaluated for a concussion post game once again. Of course my entire body hurt, she laid me out like a linebacker.

"Look up". I did as the trainer asked and looked in the different directions she instructed me to. The flashlight was bright but I didn't feel nauseous.

"Alright Heath, no concussion but if you do get any symptoms at all, you need to let me know ASAP". Our trainer Courtney was always super helpful and nice, we all really liked her.

"Thanks Court, I'm guessing I'm coming in your van since the team is back in the hotel". She nodded her head.

"Yeah sorry you couldn't celebrate on the bus ride back but I needed to check on you". I have her a small understanding smile. They all probably had so much fun jamming and cheering over the amazing win. Chris is most likely laughing with the rest of the team. I walked out with Courtney, lost in my own thoughts until I was crushed in a hug. The vanilla scent mixed with sweat overwhelmed me and I knew exactly who it was.

"Chris? What are you doing? Why didn't you go on the bus with the team?"

She pulled away but kept her hands around my waist as mine fell on to her muscular biceps.

"I needed to make sure my tough girlfriend was alright". Her words erupted a large smile from me as I pulled her close again. Wow Christen Press really is perfect.

"You're so cute". Her cheeks flushed red as she kissed me softly.

"Eehhemm" the clearing of Courtney's throat caused us to duck our heads in embarrassment. "Let's go love bugs".

Christen's POV

Shirley's hit on Tobin was awful so I decided to wait outside the trainer's room for her. Just seeing  the pure smile that came from her, I knew that it was worth skipping the bus ride.

I really really like her and I hope she knows that. She looked so peaceful sitting in the van seat next to me. Her eyes were closed and she had a small smile on her face. Her golden eyes fluttered open.

"What?"

"What?" I copied.

She laughed lightly, "you're staring"

"And you're beautiful". Her cheeks blossomed into a light shade of red and a larger smile appeared. She scooter closer and placed her head on my shoulder. This. This is what I want for awhile.