𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬

Nikki's POV:  

                     I ran.  I ran as fast as I could.  I didn't know where I was going and I didn't care.  I needed to stay out of trouble or my parents will never allow me to stay on Earth.  Ever.  I don't know what is happening and I don't want to know.  I put in on my headphones and played my mixtape Dad gave me.  I found myself strolling into a town, I didn't mind.  I still made sure not to speak to anyone.  

                      I kept my music in as I slowly wandered around the town.  There were shops and some stands selling small things.  I didn't bother going to pick up anything.  The credits we use back home most likely won't work here so why bother?  

                    As I wandered mindlessly a found a place I could stay.  I stood still staring at it until I felt my self being grabbed.  I was picked up bridal style by a blur.  Next thing I knew I was standing in front of the Speedy guy from before, but this time he was accompanied by a short woman with long brown hair and deep emotionless eyes.  It was just the three of us, alone in an abandoned alley.  I pulled my headphones down not bothering to pause the tape.

"Who are you and why are you here."  The girl spoke in the same accent from before.  It wasn't much of a question but more of a command.

"Listen, I don't know why you even care.  It's not like I know who you guys are-"  I said before I was interrupted.  

"Answer the question."  The Man demanded.  

"Fine, but you better tell me who you two are,"  I stated with an obvious expression.  They looked at each other and nodded slightly back at me.  "My name is Nikita, but if you really care just call me Nikki.  And I'm not from here-" 

"You're with the Avengers."  The girl said stepping forward ready to attack me but was held back by Speedy.  

"No, I don't even know who the Avengers are.  I'm from space!"  They both stared at me in confusion before the man spoke up again.  

" Woah Woah! Slow down,  you're from space?"  He asked

"Slow down?" I mocked "Well you're one to talk Speedy Gonzales!  Yes, I'm from space that's what I said A-hole!" I spat back annoyed.  The woman began to approach me again until he held her back again.  

"I keep my word,"  He said looking at the girl next to him then back to me.  "I'm Pietro and this is my twin Wanda."  He said a tad bit harshly.  Wanda and Pietro huh?  

              Wanda looked away when he said this introduction,  I could already tell she didn't like me.  She looked back at me and spoke up harshly.  

"Now that introductions are in order,  Stay out of our way."  She looked at me and walked off leaving me and Pietro in an alley.  

           Pietro's eyes met with mine and I glanced away quickly getting uncomfortable with the awkwardness.  Also, he was quite attractive and I told myself I wouldn't get into any trouble.  I could tell he was trying to read me, my emotions and thoughts.  He then spoke up again to break the tension that was there.  

"Do not mind my sister,"  He said in a thick accent.  I looked back up at him realizing how short I was compared to him and nodded slightly.  

"How come you're so fast?  And whats your sisters deal she got powers or something?"  I said rudely.  But my expression soon softened once I realized how much I sound like my dad sometimes.  

"I'm a mutant, and so is she,"  He said looking down and then he looked back up at me. "I have super speed, and as for her.  You'll find out."  He said smirking.  He glanced down at my headphones around my neck and spoke up again.  "What is that?"

"Oh, um.  Its a Walkman.  My dad gave it to me before I left."  I said softly, not trying to be rude again.  

"What does it do?"  He asked now interested in it.  I stepped closer to him as my heartbeat picked up.  

"May I?"  I asked.  He hesitantly nodded.  I took my headphones off from around my neck and pushed back some of his hair to place the headphones on his head.  I forgot to pause it and the music was quite loud so I could hear the slight sound.  His stone cold expression soon changed to a lighter one.  His eyes not leaving mine, he smiled and nodded along to the music.  I laughed slightly at what he was doing until a voice caught us both off guard.  

"Pietro, C'mon,"  Wanda said from around the corner.  Pietro took off the headphones and handed them back to me.  I blushed slightly when his hands brushed mine when handing them back to me.  

"Thanks, See ya around Nikki."  He said winking.  I smiled back at him.  

        And like that he was gone, what just happened.  Even with him just talking to me, I felt my heart rate double.  The way he talked, whether it was rudely or nicely, he made me feel a way no one else had ever made me feel.  Like I'm used to talking to guys like Drax and Rocket.  But with him, it's different...  What is this feeling?

            I was about to leave when I heard a familiar voice catch me off guard.  

---

(A/N  I'm trying to fill in the time where the Avengers [tony] accidentally created Ultron so the timeline doesn't seem so sped up.  Also, Pietro's fate is still undecided so be on the lookout!   I have a huge surprise coming up.  I hope you guys enjoy the book so far. C: )