𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞 - 𝐀𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐞

Nikki's POV: 

             Before I knew it a huge crowd of people rushed out of the building as Steve guided them to the safety ships.  I looked at Pietro, "I'm going up,"  I said as I put my helmet on.  I blasted myself up as I helped other civilians on to the ships.  

            I watched down below as the other avengers helped load the ships.  As the other Ultron clones continued attacking I heard voices over the intercom, "Thor, I got a plan!" Tony said over the intercoms as I blasted back down to the surface.  

"We're out of time. They're coming for the core."  Thor said, making me visibly nervous as I clicked off my mask.  

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier,"  Tony announced.  

"On it."  A voice replied back.  

"Avengers, Time to work for a living,"  Tony said.  I clicked my mask back on and used my blasters to get to the core.  

---

          I had met up with Wanda and Clint as the three of us walked in.  Pietro sped up to us and instantly looked to his sister, "You good?"  he asked concerned.  

"Yeah," She said patting his chest.  Pietro looked to me and smirked that famous smirk of his and pulled me in for a hug.  

           His arms were wrapped around my waist as my arms made their way to hug his neck.  We stayed like this for a while, I ignored the familiar feeling of butterflies as his voice broke my thoughts.  "Are you alright?"  I broke the hug to look in his eyes, something I haven't been able to do in a while.  I was trying to read his expression when he smiled again, "I'll take that as a yes."  He grabbed my hand as we sped to where everyone else was.  

"Romanoff?"  Tony started over the intercom,  "You and Banner better not be playing hide the zucchini."  

"Relax, Shell-head. Not all of us can fly"  She replied back.  I smiled at her humor at the moment as we all met up at the core.  

"What's the drill-"  Nat started as she had finally made it.  Tony and she began to talk as the rest of us fought off the clones.  

"This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose..." Tony states right as Ultron makes his way towards us.  Pietro pushes me behind him a little as he readies himself in a fighting stance.  I click my helmet in place and start to fire up my blasters and Thor begins to speak.  

"Is that the best you can do!?"  Thor yelled, Ultron held up his hand as an entire army of clones appeared from the streets, flying, and ready to attack.  I mentally facepalm at the choice of Thor's wording.  

"You had to ask,"  Steve said as he looked disappointedly at Thor.  

"This is the best I can do."  Ultron's voice boomed loudly throughout the church.  "This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me" 

"Well, like the old man said."  Tony started as he glanced at Steve, "Together."  Pietro glanced at me and nodded affirmingly, I took this as a glance of hope.  That some good, will come out of this.  

          The giant green guy who I know now as Bruce roared loudly, signaling all of Ultron's clones to attack.  

         With all of the avengers standing around the core, I flew up and started shooting with my blasters from higher ground.  With Wanda using her powers, The vision flying, Thor with his hammer, Steve with his shield, everything and anything was flying around like crazy.  Everyone was fighting with everything that they could.  It was honestly, admirable.  I've never dealt with anything like this before.  You would think that living with a destroyer and rabid raccoon would prove otherwise but surprisingly, never.  I always thought my parents would keep me safe but now, I'm keeping myself safe.  

           Before I knew it Ultron was blasted up into the air with the Vision.  Vision knocked Ultron out of the church as Tony, Vision, and Thor all blasted at him until he was knocked to the ground.  

      Ultron started to stand up again and speak, "You know, with the benefit of hindsight-"  That was until the green dude punched him out of sight.  Then all Ultrons buddies took off as well.  

"They'll try to leave the city,"  Thor spoke up.  

"We can't let 'em, not even one. Rhodey!"  Tony said over the intercom.  

"I'm on it." The familiar voice what from before said over the intercom. 

---

(A/N HEYYYYY I'm ALIVE!!! My school started online school ahaha it's been terrible!!  I thought I'd have more time to write but boy was I wrong!  Please make sure you're following my wattpad to get sneak peeks of future chapters and chapter ideas! :)  Also maybe a second book? EEEE stay alive I might post another chapter)