𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Nikki's POV : 

"Because I wanna help."  

"No,"  Tony said walking back with Steve.  

"Why nottttt-"  I droned on, "I wanna help!"  

"It dangerous, we don't need you getting hurt,"  Steve said 

"But I can help!  Maybe I can even convince the twins to help us!"  I offered.  

"No, you're not gonna seduce speedy just so his sister will follow his lead." Tony snapped.  

"I won't be seducing  anyone!"  I said as my face flushed pink, "I know more about them than you guys.  I was there when Ultron recruited them!  And to be fair, they aren't exactly fond of you Tony."  

"They aren't fond of any of us,"  Steve stated, 

"True, but also wrong,"  I said

"What exactly are you getting at?"  Natasha piped up.

"Pietro doesn't mind me, it's Wanda that isn't fond of me.  Besides the point, I heard them tell Ultron specifically about you."  I responded.  

"And I care about this why?"  Tony said sarcastically.  

"Because your weapons are the reason their parents are dead,"  I said angrily,  

           Tony got really quiet for a second.  He turned around almost as if to think or say something.  Steve turned around with them and they began to whisper.  Natasha looked over to me and smirked.  Almost like a proud mother would be proud of their daughter sticking up for themselves.   

"Fine,"  Tony said finally turning around.  "You can help.  BUT there is gonna be some ground rules."  

"Fine,"  I responded.  

"Also, I'm assuming you want this back,"  Tony said throwing a backpack at me.  But not just any backpack, my backpack.  I opened it up to find my walkman and it reminded me of home.  I was hopeful for this mission.  

---

                I threw my backpack over my back as everyone got on the Quinjet.  I took a seat and threw on my bright orange headphones around my neck, music at the ready.    

"Alrighty... Let's do this." Tony said as the Quinjet took off.  

---

Third Person's POV: Cho's Lab

"Cellular cohesion will take a few hours, but we can initiate the consciousness stream. We're uploading your cerebral matrix...now."  Dr. Cho says as she takes some wires out of Ultron's head and walks off leaving Wanda and Pietro in the doorway.  

" I can read him,"  Wanda states stepping forward, trying to contain her curiosity, "He's dreaming."  

" I wouldn't call it dreams. It's Ultron's base consciousness, informational noise."  Cho stated, "Soon-"  

"How soon? I'm not being pushy." Ultron asked Cho, as Wanda touches the Chamber, then shrieks in pain.  Pietro quickly retreats to her and comforts her.  "How could you!?"  She said clearly upset.  

"How could I what?"  Ultron perplexed sarcastically.  

"You said we would destroy the Avengers, make a better world."  Wanda sputtered.  

"It will be better,"  Ultron reassures.  

"When everyone is dead!?"  

"That is not-"  Ultron paused. "The human race will have every opportunity to improve."  

"And if they don't?"  Pietro asked clearly shocked at what Ultron was really planning.  

"Ask Noah."  

"You're a madman,"  Wanda told Ultron. 

" There were more than a dozen extinction-level events before even the dinosaurs got theirs. When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it, and believe me, he's winding up. We have to evolve. There's no room for the weak." Ultron explained.  

" And who decides who's weak?" Pietro asks while keeping Ultron distracted while Wanda breaks the scepter's hold on Cho.  

" Life. Life always decides."  Ultron paused looking around then receiving a signal.  "There's incoming. The Quinjet. We have to move." 

"Not a problem!"  Cho says now herself again as she pauses the upload.  Ultron sighs and blasts her.  Pietro takes Wanda and runs off, both of them clearly in distress.  

"Ah, wait, guys!" Ultron calls out to them before they are gone.  He blasts Cho's technicians.  "They'll understand. When they see they'll understand. I just need a little more time."  As he unplugs himself and his "body" get's rolled out.  

---

(A/N AYEEEE I'M ALIVEEE!!!! I haven't been active because I had midterms :(  BUT I PASSED ALL OF THEM SOOOOO WOOHOO!  I'm sorry this chapter is short :(  I'm in the middle of writing the next one tho.  I hope you enjoy the book so far and please don't be afraid to leave comments and positive feedback.  You guys are amazing ily all!)