𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 - 𝐒.𝐇.𝐄.𝐈.𝐋.𝐃 𝐓𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞

Nikki's POV: 

             When I went to try and help Pietro, he seemed like he had it under control.  When I landed, he gave me a grin and sped through all of the Ultron clones.  I continued to stay on the ground and pushed a button so my mask was off.  I pulled out the gun my mom gave me and started blasting.  A couple of the Ultron clones had come a little too close to me but I was able to kick them away then shoot them.  

          Pietro and I continued fighting almost side by side until the ground started shaking.  Pietro held onto me as the ground was torn apart.  The ground started lifting up and I held on tight to Pietro.  

"Do you see? The beauty of it, the inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal"  Ultron's voice arose through his clones.  

            With Pietro still holding onto me, he sped the both of us through the army of Ultron clones.  

"Cap, you got incoming."  I heard Tony say over the earpiece.

"Incoming already came in,"  Steve said with a hint of annoyance.  "Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely, The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart"  Steve continues as Pietro rushes in the corner out of breath.  I put my hands on his face, and he puts his free hand on top of mine while the other rests on his chest.  His breathing slowed as Steve continued.  "You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off."  Pietro rolled his eyes and shook his head, he sped off and I put my helmet back on and followed him.  

--- 

"Alright, we're all clear here,"  Clint said over the earpieces, referring to him and Wanda.  

"We are not clear!"  Steve yelled, "We are very not clear!"

"Alright, coming to you,"  Pietro speeds up and picks up his sister as I fly with them.  

"Keep up old man!"  Pietro says while he carries his sister.  

"Hurry up,"  I said flying past Clint.  

             I see Clint raise his arrow to shoot, "Nobody would know. Nobody... Damn kids." He stated as he ran after us, accidentally muttering into the earpiece, "The last I saw them Ultron was sitting on them. Uh...yeah, they'll be missed, those damn lovebirds. I miss them already." Clint referred to Pietro and I mocking him.  This caused Pietro to laugh and me to blush.   

---

"HOLD YOUR FIRE!"  We all heard an officer yell.  Pietro sped up and got grazed in the arm with a bullet,  only tearing his shirt.  Pietro glared at the one officer who shot the bullet.  

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute. What have you got, Stark?"  Steve asked through the earpieces.  While we all kept the civilians from getting hurt.  

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear." Tony answered.  

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan."

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice."

"Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..." Nat spoke up.

"Not 'til everyone's safe," Steve claimed.  

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there."

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it."

"I didn't say we should leave,"  Nat said quietly, "There are worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?" 

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better," A new voice said over the speaker.  Pietro and I walked over to the edge of the bridge to see a helicopter carrier of some sort. He looked in amazement and then smiled that all too familiar smile at me as we both ran off to get to the others.  

"Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do." 

"Fury, you son of a bitch,"  Steve said in shock,  as I know recognized the voice of the eyepatched man from before.  

"Oooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?"  Fury asked in amusement.  

         When Pietro picked me up and rushed me over to the other Avengers he set me down next to him.  He looked up in amazement of all the small ships setting out to rescue everyone.  He looked over to Nat and Steve behind him and spoke up, 

"This is SHIELD?"  He asked.  

"This is what SHIELD's supposed to be," Steve responded.  

"This is not so bad."  He said happily as he slipped his hand back into mine, still glancing up at the sky smiling.  He looked down at me and pressed his lips to my exposed forehead now that I too had taken off my mask to look up at the rescue ships.  I felt butterflies in my stomach as I began smiling bigger than I had before.  

"Let's load 'em up,"  Steve said now running off.  Pietro glanced at me and we nodded at each other.  We smiled and then ran off to get everyone else to safety.  

---

(A/N IM HESITATING BECAUSE OF THE ACTUAL MOVIE EVENTS, I'M NOT READY!!!! :( )