✘ TWENTY ONE: Thanks You Codfish ✘

Heather watched as Helia and Helios battled to see who had gotten the most presents

Heather watched as Helia and Helios battled to see who had gotten the most presents. It wasn't a surprise when Helia had received more than him, they hadn't expected for him to come. He's spent most of his life locked away in his father's shop. They had thought it was going to stay that way.

It made Heather feel bad that she hadn't gotten him anything but she didn't know what he liked and he didn't seemed bothered by it so she let it slip her mind. Helia had convinced him to carry her on his shoulders like she had made him do when they were younger. The party was going splendidly until Harriet and a few of her pirates entered the shop. The mood quickly turned sour as the smile was replaced by a frown on Helia's face. She narrowed her eyes at her former friend, hesitantly taking the package that Harriet offered to her,

"Some Auradon men kept pegging me with the box." Harriet said. "So I came here to deliver it."

"How kind of you." Helia said with a scoff, snatching it from Harriet's clutches. "Now you can go on your way now."

"Why would we do such a thing?" Yzla asked."The party's just getting started."

Helia huffed but didn't argue with them,stepping onto the table and tearing open the box. A note fell out and she picked it up, smiling at the familiar handwriting.

Hey Hel! It's me Sam. I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday so happy birthday. I wish I could be there with you. You're more interesting than this place. But I'm not and there's nothing I can do about it. Love you!

Hey Hel! HJ here. I'm not really good at writing nice things and I never particularly liked you. But you've done a lot for me so I'll be nice for today. Anyway I don't know what else to say to you so Happy Birthday Hel. Twenty's gonna be the best one yet.

Helia bit her quivering lip, trying not to cry in front of Harriet, placing the note into her jacket pocket. She lifted what was wrapped neatly in the box, lifting the earrings and necklace and examining them in the light.

"Holy fuck there's actual fire in them." Helia muttered as she clipped them to her ears and clasped it around her neck. "This definitely is better than what Heather got me. No offence Heather."

"None taken." Heather assured. "Sam's present tops mine every year. I don't know how she does it."

"Every year." Helia said, kicking the box to the side as she placed the hat she received from Heather on her head. "You all outdo yourselves every year."

Heather watched as her mood turned sour once more as she realized Harriet was still there. She let out a sigh of exasperation, tapping her foot impatiently.

"Why are you still here?" Helia asked, pointing toward the exit. "You can go."

"It wouldn't kill you if we stayed would it?" Sammy asked, raising an eyebrow as the pirates laughed. Helia rolled her eyes, tugging angrily at her hair but took a deep breath, plastering on a smile.

"It won't kill me." Helia stated. "I'm not sure about you though."

The pirates stopped laughing abrubtly, a few of them stepping away from her. Harriet and Sammy were the only ones who remained in close proximity to her.

"You're running a bunch of scaredy cats." Helia said. 'I thought they were better than that. That's a bummer."

"They're not scaredy cats." Harriet said. "They just have morals and don't want to be incerated by you, though I'm sure you won't blow a fuse will you Hel?"

"I make no promises Harriet." Helia shrugged. "None at all."

"I remember the last time you blew a fuse." Harriet said. "Dragon Hall was out of session for days."

"I remember.' Helia said with a shrug. "What's it to you?"

"Oh nothing." Harriet said with a smirk. "Nothing at all."

"I never liked you." Helia said. "I don't remember when you thought we'd been friends."

"We were friends once." Harriet said. "A simpler time. When you weren't mad about me throwing you a birthday party."

"I wasn't mad because of the party." Helia said. "Even if I do hate parties."

"Then what dear Helia made you so angry?" Harriet asked with a coy smile.

"None of your business." Helia said.

"It is my business if you can't be my friend because of it." Harriet said.

"My problem isn't you. It never was you." Helia said. "That was just the day both of my parents only acknowledged that it was Helios' birthday and didn't say nothing to me."

"So this is all your brother's fault?" Harriet said.

"Hey!" Helios said. "You never said anything about it and they felt plenty bad."

"I'm sure they did." Helia said. "We were born on the same day. We're twins. I was born before you. How's that hard to remember?"

"I don't know how they think," Helios said. "Sorry they did that Hel. Now get over yourself."

"You're the worst.' Helia said, punching him the shoulder.

"I know." Helios said. "It's my job. If I'm nice to you who will be mean?"

"You should consider a new profession." Helia said. "Though I don't know what would suit you. You're an idiot. People are trying to steal your spot."

"That won't happen." Helios said, poking her in the side with each ever. "I'll have it forever and ever and ever..."

"I get it Helios." Helia interrupted.

"Well now that you've told me and all that." Harriet said. "I'm sure we can be friends again?"

"We never stopped." Helia said. "Twenty years is a bit too long to cut someone off."

"Well then happy birthday Death Breath." Harriet said, offering a hug to Helia.

"Thanks you Codfish." Helia said, returning it. "Let's get this party started."