✘ THIRTY ONE: Forgetting ✘

Heather has her arms crossed over her chest as the four of them stood in front of the trio: her mother and her two sisters

Heather has her arms crossed over her chest as the four of them stood in front of the trio: her mother and her two sisters. For the first time in her life, Heather saw fear in her mother's eyes and she didn't know how to feel about it.

Was she supposed to be glad that she was getting back at her? Was she supposed to be the better person? Probably but she hadn't done anything wrong. Her mother had sent her into a sleep somehow. How, Heather had no idea. But could she be the better person? Yes she could. She was the better person. She would always be the better person.

If you care about someone you wouldn't toy with their emotions. You wouldn't do it just for the sake of entertainment. You're wouldn't play victim after when they were the prey. You wouldn't try to turn her against her brother. To try to friends. If her mother cared she sure as hell wasnt showing it.

She'd almost let her mother get the best of her. She'd almost let her win. She'd almost ruined everything in a matter of hours. She wanted everything to go back to normal. She wanted everything to be the way they should be. She wanted everything back the way it was at the beginning.

When she didn't feel hurt because HJ left her. When she didn't feel hurt about Jackson. When she hadn't come running to her mother. When she hadn't listened to her friends. She'd almost ruined everything she had and she didn't want to do that again. She wanted to right her wrongs and she knew two wrongs didn't make a right. She had to be the better person. She was the better person.

She didn't have to punish her mother when her mother had punished her. But if she let it slide her mother would use it to her advantage. Her mother would believe she had won even though she hadn't. Heather had to show her that she was the one that was right and her mother was wrong.

What her family had done to her wasn't acceptable and she wasn't standing for it. She needed to show that she was better than them and that she could be a better adult than they were. She was almost eighteen. She was almost considered legally grown. Even if she didn't grown, that was how it would be.

Heather looked her mother in the eye, seeing the fear, seeing the turmoil, seeing the fears that were turning. She knew her mother would have another plan soon and that her mother couldn't be stopped by one thing. But it was worth a shot wasn't it?

She looked her mother in the eyes, shifted to her aunt Mary and then her aunt Sarah. Each had been a part of life even when she didn't want them to. Each would always be apart of her life. She couldn't run away from family. They would always be there.

"What you did was wrong." Heather said calmly her tone catching the three sisters in front of her off guard. "What you did was stupid. What you did was what you did is what you do. And I'm not going to let you do that to me anymore."

"Yeah Heather!" Chelsea cheered on her friend, though she received a glare from everyone but Heather so she stopped.

"What are you going to do about it?" Winifred asked in a challenging way.

"I'm not going to fight with you." Heather said. "Because fighting with you makes me not better than you. I'm leaving you and I'm not coming back."

"You said that the last time and the time before that." Sarah replied snidely. "What makes this time different?"

"I don't want you to hurt me anymore than I hurt myself." Heather said. "I don't need you mumsy. Maybe one day if you ever change we can do something but right now I'm done with you, all three of you."

Heather turned on her heel and trudged out of the house, leaving her mother and aunts in shock.

"Did she just leave?" Heather heard her mother say as she stood in the alley, waiting for her friends to follow her.

"She did." Chelsea said. "And I'm leaving too. I don't want to be your pet ever."

Chelsea skipped out of the house, giving Heather a hug.

"You were amazing." Chelsea said, as Heather smiled.

"You were too." Heather assures, earning a Cheshire like grin from Chelsea.

"So what are we going to do?" Chelsea asked. "Now that you kind of gave up on whatever your mom was trying to do for you."

"Well." Heather said, as she fished through the satchel she snatched as she walked out. "We haven't completely struck out." She held up her mom's spellbook. "Now if she ever wants to see it again she'll have to come and see me and I'm sure we'll make it difficult to get back. What about you?"

"I don't know." Chelsea said. "I don't know what I'm going to do. But wiring seems okay for now. Maybe I should've accepted the invite."

"You were invited and you didn't go?" Heather asked. "Why?"

"Because I don't want Quinn's pity invite." Chelsea said. "I don't need pity. I'm fine for now but I have an idea for you."

"I don't like the sound of that." Heather said. "What is it?"

"It's a surprise." Harry said from behind her. "You have to wait and see."

"I'll have to wait and see?" Heather said. "I don't like the sound of that. But whatever it is I'm sure it's...actually I'm not sure what it is."

"Let's get out of here." Helios said. "Before the other witches try and get us. Not that we can't take them on."

"Speak for yourself." Chelsea said. "I'm good with forgetting this. I've seen enough witches for a lifetime." She turned to Heather. "You're an exception."