✖︎ TWENTY EIGHT: Like a Princess ✖︎

Sam had convinced HJ to come to the Winter Ball even though he had given her many reasons as to why he shouldn't

Sam had convinced HJ to come to the Winter Ball even though he had given her many reasons as to why he shouldn't. He wanted to call and check if Heather was okay but when he called he was told she wasn't there. Or that they hadn't seen her since yesterday. He was worried about his sister and Sam had told him she was too. But she had asked him what he could do. He was here and Heather was over there. He wouldn't be able to do anything. He just hoped his friends could.

HJ took it off of his mind, putting on the suit designed by Evie. He walked toward Dizzy and Sam's room, knocking on the door. Dizzy answered greeting him before returning to where she was braiding Sam's hair. She didn't seem satisfied with it, so she opened it once more, tying it into a ponytail. She gently placed the crown on her head, smiling at Sam.

"You look like a princess." Dizzy said. "The fairest in the land."

"I'm not taking that away from Evie." Sam said. "And you look like a princess too Diz."

"Thank you." Dizzy said, smiling at Sam, taking her hand as Sam spun her around. "You look amazing. After you Princess Sam."

"No after you Princess Dizzy." Sam said, as they both giggled.

"Are you two ready?" HJ asked, crossing his arms over his chest,

"Someone's in a bad mood." Dizzy said. "But I'm sure that this party is going to lift your spirits."

HJ held open the door, ushering them out. They headed toward the main entrance, where a limo waited. HJ opened the door, letting Dizzy skip in first. Sam smiled at him, entering the car, before he sat and shut the door.

"Hi guys." Ben said from next to Dizzy. Mal sat next to him and gave them a smile.

"Hi." Dizzy said, bouncing excitedly. "I'm so excited."

"I am too." Evie said. "It's my second Winter Ball but I'm excited."

"Pass me some chocolate." Carlos asked from the back where he sat with Jay and Evie.

Sam obliged, taking a piece of chocolate and handing it to him and Jay. Jay nodded in thanks.

"Thanks." Carlos said, nudging Jay in the side. "From both of us."

Jay shrugged issuing his own words of thanks. Soon they arrived at the castle, exiting and following the crowd of people to the ballroom. Cards were handed out as they walked in, each saying a happy greeting. He was greeted by people he didn't know, from people he didn't want to know.

"Hi." Maddie said, her cousin, Ally, and sister, Quinn, in tow.

"Hey." HJ said, getting a hello from Ally. he turned to Quinn who jutted out her chin, daring him to say anything.

"Well." Maddie said, sensing the tension in the air. "I'm going to go over there,"

She grabbed Quinn's wrist and dragged her towards the other side of the room, away from HJ, away from Sam, pushing her to dance with Weston White, the son of the White Rabbit. Maddie herself went to dance with Carlos, who was enjoying the chocolate fountain.

"May I have this dance?" HJ asked Ally, who took his outstretched hand.

"You shall." Ally said, as he whisked her onto the dance floor. To their right, Audrey stood to the side, taking a sip of punch and glowering at the people. She seemed to find something of interest and slipped past HJ, purposefully stepping on Ally's foot.

Ally almost fell face first but HJ caught her.

"You okay?" HJ asked as Ally nodded, her eyes following where Audrey had gone.

"I'm fine." Ally said. "She's just like that sometimes. And by sometimes I mean all of the time."

HJ found her chatting with Sam and a girl with red hair whom he didn't know.

"That's Pandora." Ally said. "Peter Pan's Daughter."

"Isn't he forever young or something." HJ asked.

"He's her adoptive dad." Ally said. "Her mom's Wendy Darling."

HJ nodded his head in understanding. Pandora walked away from the two, heading toward the dance floor.

The song changed and everyone began to switch dance partners. HJ bid goodbye to Ally, spinning her toward her next partner, Leo. He was the son of Li'Shang and liked to keep to himself.

HJ greeted his new partner, Hanna. He hadn't seen much of her during his time here and he wondered why Quinn and her were afraid to face him and Sam.

Hanna smiled at him, curtsying as he bowed, placing his hands on her waist.

"So Hanna long time no see?" HJ asked, not holding any ill will in his statement.

"You could say that." Hanna said with a shy smile.

"Whatcha been up to?" HJ asked. "Where have you been? Or are you at Ben's castle the whole time?"

"No I wasn't there." Hanna said. "Quinn, Maddie and Ally came with me to Arendelle."

"Sounds like fun." HJ said. "Why would you want to go there?"

"My mom's there." Hanna said. "She wanted me to spend time with her since she never really has."

"Who's your mom?" HJ asked. "You never mentioned knowing her."

"My mom's Elsa." Hanna said as HJs eyes widened. "I know I thought the same thing."

"That's...that's wow." HJ said. "Good for you."

"Thanks." Hanna said. "What have you been up too?"

"Not much." HJ said. "We has a tour around the place and then we just stayed at the castle."

"That sounds like fun." Hanna said in an enthusiastic way.

"Tons." HJ said. "I'm not mad at you or anything just so you know."

"Thanks." Hanna said with a smile. "I'll see you later?"

"Yeah." HJ said. "See you later."

The song changed once more as they switched to their final partners. HJ spun Hanna towards Jay, before seeing who his partner was. His heart skipped a beat. It was the little fairy, Talia.

He looked at where Sam was, watching as she took a sip of punch, smiling knowingly at him. She'd orchestrated this and he wasn't really complaining.