✖︎ THIRTY TWO: Together Again ✖︎

The next few days couldn't have gone faster for HJ

The next few days couldn't have gone faster for HJ. He had been counting the days u til he could see his sister again. Counting the days until they were together again. He had packed the night before and was now relaxing in his room. He couldn't really relax. His mind was going a mile a minute and he still couldn't believe that he and his sister were united again. Sure it had only been two weeks but those two weeks had been torture. He never wanted I be without her again. He didn't want to leave her again and wouldn't have to. Ben had promised her an invite and had gotten the council's approval. They had realized it wasn't smart to split siblings apart, especially twins.

That couldn't have gone any better than it had. HJ hadn't believed it when they had told him two days prior. Now it made him more excited. He couldn't wait to see his sister again and tell her about his place. It wasn't as bad as it seemed. He was happy here and she would love it here. Plus he'd also convinced them to invite Jackson because he was sure she'd want him there too.

First he had to get down to business and help with the construction that would be going on the Isle. He was sure none of them were happy about it but at the same time they were. They'd never admit it if you asked them. They could bear to hear the sounds of construction for a few months if it made their lives more livable and habitable. The Isle was their home and maybe one day it would feel like a place where they could stay.

HJ didn't want to forget to visit Talia before he left. He planned on going but he needed help finding where she was. He still didn't know his way around this place and it showed. He had gotten lost the other day and had found himself in the library, reading a book to the children that were meeting there because Belle had asked him to. He couldn't say no that seemed a bit rude and he didn't have it in him to say no to those kids so he had stayed for awhile and made it seem like he had meant to come there.

HJ was happy he was here but he knew he had to go and fix things. He had proved himself worthy to join the ROAR team and the coach had told him he had potential, whatever that meant. He knew he was good with a sword. He had grown up with it. He had learned all of his father's tricks and had even beaten once, even if Heather had to help him.

He missed those days when he was younger and he and Heather would spar their father, knowing full well they wouldn't win. They had learned a lot of things from their father even if they'd had to learn many things for themselves. He was grateful for his dad. He was grateful that he at least knew who his mom was even he didn't trust her much.

She had always tried to turn Heather and him against one another. It never worked and HJ was afraid maybe one day it would. One day it wouldn't be Heather and HJ against the world. It would just be HJ. But another part of him knew that they'd always be there for each other no matter the distance between them. They'd always have each other's backs. He would make sure of it.

"Hey Hecky!" Sam called from the other side of the door. "Oh ready to go see your giel?"

"She's not my girl." HJ said. At least not yet.

"Whatever." Sam said as she led him through the halls expertly. How she knew her way and he didn't, he had no idea. They walked down the stairs that they had when they first came, heading toward the other side, where most of the heroes slept. HJ wondered why they were separated even after all this time but he wouldn't let that stop him. He knew they still were skeptical of them and didn't like that they were expanding. Some people weren't open to change and HJ wasn't going to let it get to him.

"Here you are." Sam said, opening the door to a study. "She's in there."

Sam turned on her heel and HJ wondered how he was going to get back.

"It's hard finding you." HJ said. "You're usually asleep."

""You'll find me wherever Pandora is. It's not that hard." Talia replied. "I'm usually asleep so that doesn't help."

"You sleep a lot more than most people do." HJ said. "But that's fine."

"Fairy training always drains me." Talia said. "Fairy Godmother said one day I'll adapt to it and I won't have to sleep as much but that hasn't happened yet."

"That's fine." HJ said before getting a text from Ben. "I have to get going."

"I'll walk you." Talia said, as they headed out of the study. HJ was glad she did because he was sure he was going to get lost. "Hey HJ?"

"Yeah Talia?" HJ asked.

"Stay safe." Talia said.

"I'll try." HJ replied as Talia got on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek.

"For good luck." Talia said, a blush creeping on her cheeks.

"I'll take it." HJ said with a smile. "Until next time Talia."

"Until next time HJ." Talia said as he got into the car. His eyes never stopped looking at her until he couldn't see her anymore. Then he turned toward the Isle, resting his head on Sam's shoulder as Dizzy did the same, as they watched the Isle appear ever so closer.