✖︎ THIRTY FOUR: Change the Past ✖︎

"Wait didn't we need that car?" Heather asked as HJ shrugged

"Wait didn't we need that car?" Heather asked as HJ shrugged. He didn't know how to tell her. That he would be staying and she would be going. Maybe she could stay with him but he didn't want her to. He had seen her and she was so excited to go. He couldn't spoil that for her.

Helia smiled at her as they all waited for something Heather didn't know of. Something Heather wasn't ready to hear.

"We're getting you there another way." Helia said, placing her hand on her shoulder.

"You said you." Heather said. "As in just me. I'm not going anywhere without Hector."

Helia turned to Hector and they had a silent argument before they turned back to Heather.

"He's going with you." Helia said. "Aren't you Hector?"

"I guess." HJ said, as Helia nodded in agreement.

"Correct answer." Helia said. "Sam and Dizzy can do this without you. It's just watching people build things. That isn't that hard."

"So how are we going to go then?" Heather asked, Helios tossed her bag over to her and another to Jackson.

"Got your things." Helios said. "You might not like how you're going to travel but that's fine."

Heather raised a brow but didn't question any of them further, shouldering her pack. She looked at each of them, smiling. She walked over to Helios, tugging him into a hug. Helios was tense at first but eventually gave in, patting Heather on the head.

"Go on H." Helios said. "I'll see you one day."

"Thank you." Heather said. "For everything."

"No problem Heather." Helios said with a smile.

"Holy shit he smiled." Helia said. "He doesn't do that."

"Shut up Hel." Helios said. "I do smile. Just not that much."

"See you later Heath." Helia said, giving her a hug.

"Holy shit." Helios mocked. "She's giving her a hug. She doesn't do that."

"Shut it." Helia said as she and Helios continued to bicker about nothing in particular. They bickered for the sake of bickering.

"Both of you shut it." Heather said, placing her hand over both of their mouths. She pointed to Sam. "She's sleeping."

"He started it." Helia said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You actually started it." Harry said. "Now shut up."

Helios and Helia narrowed their eyes at him but obeyed. They weren't fans of being told what to do but they weren't willing to risk what would happen if they didn't.

Boots were heard clamoring over the docks as Gil and the Smee twins arrived.

"Hey guys!" Gil said excitedly, before addressing them individually. "Hi Helia! Hi Helios! Hi Jackson! Hi Heather! Hi Harry! Hi Chelsea...Hi HJ! Hi Sam. Hi Dizzy."

"Hi Gil." Heather said.

"Oh wait." Gil said. "You guys came back! That's so cool."

Squeaky poked Sam in the shoulder and Squirmy did the same. Sam grabbed either of their hands not bothering to open her eyes.

"Squeaks. Squirm. Hi.." Sam said, releasing their hands.

"Are you okay?" Gil asked, placing the back of his hand on her forehead.

"I'm fine." Sam said. "My head hurts but I'm fine."

"Sorry we were late to Heather's surprise." Gil said. "We were playing things and I lost."

"That's okay." Sam said. "How many times."

"Every time." Gil said, with a shrug. "But it's okay."

"You guys didn't have to run here." Harriet said as she came to a stop next to them "I don't have energy for that."

"Happy Birthday Harriet." Sam said.

"Thanks Blondie."

"It's her birthday?" Helia teased. "I'm only kidding happy birthday you codfish."

"Thank you death breath."

"Well you guys got to get there before your ride leaves." Helia said. "Come on."

"Before our ride leaves?" Heather asked as Helia only grinned, leading them away.

"You can't get to her when she's like this." HJ muttered.

Heather, HJ and Jackson crouched behind one of the barges, waiting for one of the boats that would soon come in. it would be brief but they had to be ready to get on it. Then they'd use the spell and have the captain think they were supposed to be there.

Helia had warned her that things would change after that. That it would change the past. It would make it seem as though Heather, HJ, and Jackson has snuck off the Isle when Sam has left. Then when the VKs chose who would be going, Dizzy would be chosen even if she had gotten there before then. They would forget she had. But Dizzy had said that was fine as long as Sam stayed with her until then.

HJ wasn't a fan of the plan but he couldn't do anything about it. They had to do what they had to do. He didn't know how well it would work though. He didn't know what would change and what wouldn't but that was a risk he would have to take.

The boat peeled in as Helia instructed them to slip on while the goblins were distracted. HJ recognized the captain as Arion, the one who had brought them to Auradon in the first place. HJ hadn't bothered to get to know him or seen him since the first day. He got onto the boat, Heather and Jackson after him.

"Heath do it." HJ whispered as they crept onto the now empty deck.

"Warp their reality, twist their past." Heather recited. "Make it an echo that will forever last."

Once the goblins had finished, Heather had noticed that magic surrounded them as the barrier opened and the spell worked it's charm. It worked on the Isle and all its people. Those who hadn't known about the spell were affected, each believing that the Barbossa twins and the son of Sparrow had left and hadn't ever returned. They didn't appreciate that and many were resorting to trying to be as nice as they could to Sam for her to consider them.

HJ was fine with that. He wasn't sure if he would ever come back here. If he ever would come back home. But that was quite alright. He didn't want to be caught on the wrong side of his mother like Heather had told him she had.

Arion waved at them, commenting on how he thought it was weird that they had wanted to visit the trash barges and make fun of goblins. HJ shrugged his shoulders, watching as the Isle fleeted into the distance and Auradon drew closer. The fireworks were still going strong and Heather was mesmerized that she could see them up close.

HJ watched them too, wondering how long they kept those things on and how long they celebrated. It was pretty long anyway.

HJ was finally happy. He finally felt at home and so did Heather.

It was her and Hector against the world that's how it would always be.