Chapter 10🥀

AFREENS P.O.V

1 week later.

I was standing absent midedly at the edge of my window listening to 'what if i say by joeboy' when I heard Ammi calling me.

"Na'am, Ammi I'm coming"...I
answered.

I quickly turned off the music and kept my phone on the bedside drawer then I went to Ammi's room and I met her seated by her bed making a phone call.

"Ammi ina kwana(good morning)"...I said after she ended the call.

"Lafiya lau Afreen"...She answered.

We finished exchanging pleasantries and she told me to call ya Amna and Humaira, that she wants to talk to us about something important.
'I was actually scared because imagine a Nigerian mom telling you to come and meet her in her room with all your sisters for some important discussion, as she called it, that's normally fire.'

"Okay let me call them, I'll be back in a minute"...I said and rushed out of her room.

I went to ya Amna's room to call her and luckily Humaira was also there.

"Seems you guys are having a sister time without me, well Ammi is calling you both"...I said as I collected a pack of chocolate from Hummy.

"Ammi is calling all three of us just like that, I'm scared fa because the last time Ammi called us like this it didn't end well"...Humaira said looking scared.

"Nima I cant wait to hear what she's about to say"...I said being honest.

"You guys are too dramatic, why would she scold us if we didn't do anything, Insha Allah she's calling us for something positive"....Ya Amna said.

"Hmmm, I wish"...I and Humaira said in unison, and ya Amna chuckled.

.....

"Salaam Alaikum"....we all said before making our way into Ammi's room.

"Waalaikum salaam my daughters, you all should come and sit close to me"... Ammi said, and we all looked at eachother confused, like why this special treatment.

"My girls are all grown up mashaAllah"...Ammi said smiling, and immediately she said that I figured out where she was heading to, marriage of course.

"Amna you're already 23, Humaira 22 in some days and Afreen 20, I think it's high time one of you presents a life partner"...She said looking at all of us waiting for an answer, and we all kept quite acting all soo innocent.

"Ammi, I'm still 22 fa, are you tired of seeing me haka"...Humaira said feigning hurt.

"Humaira I'm not tired of seeing you but I also need to see my grandkids before I die"...Ammi answered her.

"Ammi don't mind Hummy she's old enough to get married, it's me, nifa I'm just 20, I'm too young to get married"...I said trying to be serious.

"20 isn't too young Afreen, you think you can't get married at 20 while Allah(SWT) said a girl should get her third period in her matrimonial home, so I dont know what you girls are complaining about, and besides the advantages concerning early marriage is way more than the disadvantages. Forget that, you girls aren't even young, Amna is getting married first then both of you, and you all are getting married before the ending of next year, It's better you start preparing your minds"...Ammi said with certainty laced in her voice.

"Ammii, haba mana ni I'm not tired of staying at home, I promise I'll get married before 22"...I assured her hoping she would say ok.

"Afreen you're getting married soon, I've said my word, and my word is law, well atleast concerning my daughters lives"...Ammi said with a straight face giving no room for objections.