Prologue | The Clouds and the World

As the sky poured out it's lava dyed colours across the formerly clear blue afternoon, a young blonde boy sat solemnly on a white stubby chair staring intensely at the painted sky. He noticed how close the clouds were to the ground, or how nearby they were. It seemed that if he were to stand up, he could walk over to the balcony and touch the soft white cotton with simple ease. He imagined how the clouds were to feel like. Clouds are depicted as being soft and fluffy, almost like the touch of sheep's wool. However, he never thought of it like that. He'd always imagined that clouds were a warm comforting hug, like the love of someone you never had.

   The blonde boy paused for a moment and concentrated his bright lime eyes on the palms of his hands, which were resting on his lap. Love is never an easy feat. Love has always been seen as controllable, as if you could determine who you love and who loves you with a few simple tricks. But it's never that easy. Suddenly tense with frustration, the teen sighed and crossed his arms on the table to rest his chin on. He found a comfortable position on his tired arms and decided to calm his mind and enjoy this relaxing moment. Usually these types of sunsets don't occur in Paris often. This sunset was especially beautiful tonight. It reminded him of the last sunset he had with his mother.

   It was almost like this one. He also remembered how thinking about his mother before would fill him up with scrambled but powerful emotions, making him immune to any happiness for a bit of time. But now, he felt little emotion when thinking about it. It's as if he'd gotten over it. Like it wasn't an issue anymore. The boy silenced his thoughts, and began to drowse in fatigue. Without realizing it, he had closed his eyes. Soon, he had fallen asleep peacefully on the roof. You can't touch the clouds, but you can hold the world.