Chapter 20 | Coming to a Decision

Luka was incredibly exhausted by the time they reached the hotel. After he woke up an hour into the trip, he couldn't get himself to fall back asleep. Despite his eyes having trouble staying open and his limbs feeling stiff and not wanting to move, his mind felt wide awake and ready to go. He ended up just letting his mind wander as he kept his eyes closed and tried to relax. When they finally did get to their destination, it was around 7:30 p.m. and apart from Ms. Bustier and the people that Adrien came with, everybody was showing signs of fatigue. The sky was transitioning from it's colourful state to a much darker version itself. The hotel seemed normal, not extremely fancy nor extremely poor on the outside. Luka could barely remember what happened once the class entered inside the lobby however, When Ms. Bustier's voice started to ring out through the room, his mind snapped back to attention.

"Alright everyone, I know you're tired and eager to get the key to your rooms, which I will be handing out in a moment, but I have to announce who your roommates will be for this trip. Starting with the boys, we have Nino and Kim, Luka and Adrien, and unfortunately because we don't have enough rooms..."

It was hard to concentrate after hearing that Adrien and he were sharing a room. His body froze up. This is going to be impossible to do without giving away that I have a thing for him... And what about his bodyguard and the lady with him? Wouldn't it make more sense for him to stay with them? But then he wouldn't be able to share a room with me... He was quite sure by now that he was at least somewhat red since his heartbeat was racing and his face felt as if it was sunburned all of a sudden. The moment he noticed this, coincidentally Adrien headed over to him with a dazed smile on his face. It was clear he was tired as well, despite sleeping for most of the trip.

"Hey, Luka. Since we're roommates we should probably head to our room for the night. I got the key from Ms. Bustier already."

"Wh-What about your bodyguard and the lady with glasses that were accompanying you?"

"Oh, my bodyguard and Nathalie will be in a room next to ours. Sorry about that, my father said that they had to come to make sure I'm okay."

"No, it's fine. I was just curious."

"Alright, let's go then." Adrien pulled his own luggage with him as he invited Luka to follow after him into the elevator. He and Adrien both entered the elevator quickly without any hesitation. His bodyguard and the lady, who he now knew was called Nathalie, stayed and waited for the next elevator, most likely because there was so little space in the machine. It was embarrassing to see that Luka's shoulder and Adrien's were close to touching. The ride was awkwardly silent. Finally, when they reached the floor, Luka followed Adrien to their room, since he wasn't paying attention and had no idea of where to go. Adrien stopped in front of a door close to the end of the carpeted hallway and turned towards the lock that kept it closed. He inserted the key into the keyhole and unlocked the room swiftly. Adrien turned on the light for the main room after he opened it. The room itself was average, a TV in the corner, two beds, a side table in between the two beds which had a basic lamp on top, and a washroom. There was a small kitchen as well, but Luka was pretty sure nothing was going to be made right now, and he knew that the cooler was probably full of snacks that were going to have to be paid for if he or Adrien ate them. Luka strolled up coolly to the bed farthest from the door despite the internal panic he was feeling right now and put his luggage on the bed.

"I'll take this bed. Is that alright with you?"

"Yeah, sure." Adrien smiled.

Luka smiled back while his heart picked up the pace a bit and opened his blue suitcase to take out some of the essential things he'd need right now, like his toothbrush. Adrien appears to be doing the same thing too, although he couldn't clearly tell since he could only hear rustling from behind him.