Chapter 17 | The Kwami Confidant

Adrien walked into his spacious room tiredly. He could barely keep walking before he fell onto his bed. He was exhausted from the heat searing his body and from doing so much work in class. He tried to cool down and buried his face further into the pillow. This was the most comfort he'd had all day. He just wanted to stay there forever. His peaceful state of relaxation was broken when he heard one of the cupboard doors squeak open and the familiar, nasty stench of Camembert flew into his nose. He groaned then lifted his face from the pillow. He wrinkled his nose to see that Plagg was looking through his cheese cabinet again.

"I will never get used to that smell... Anyways, Plagg, what do you think I should do?" Adrien sought out advice from his kwami knowing that he'd probably know something about what to do in a situation like this, since he's much, much, older than Adrien is.

"What, the field trip?"

"Yeah."

"What about it?" He saw the black cat kwami shut the cabinet door after finding a slice of Camembert he liked and fly across the room to sit next to the boy. He didn't make a noise as he sat on the blanket of the bed. Adrien knew he had a small chance of getting a serious answer in return when he asked the question, but the kwami didn't even see the problem. He looks more interested in the cheese than in the conversation, Adrien observed feeling displeased. He sighed before continuing with his opinion about the trip.

"I would love to go, but I'm afraid to ask father if I can. I'm almost certain that he'll say no. Besides, what about Paris? If someone gets akumatized..." In doubt, he started to fiddle with his fingers.

"Honestly, I would just go up to him anyways and ask. There's no harm in trying." He took a big bite out of his stinky cheese, but not big enough that the entire thing would be gone. "Oh by the way, what's up with you and that blue-haired kid? Luka, I think it was."

"Luka? Nothing. Why are you asking?"

"You two have been real close lately, anything special going on?" The kwami teased, looking directly at Adrien with a mischievous grin as he spoke the last few words. ...What was he supposed to say to that?

"...I think he's a very kind and respectable friend. If you were suggesting something else, I've told you many times that I love Ladybug." He always had confidence that he'd loved Ladybug, but recently, to tell the truth, he's been reconsidering his feelings after being rejected so many times. Maybe he really did have no chance with her. Despite that, he still looked back at the black creature with a face of certainty.

Plagg shrugged.

"Whatever, kid. Just follow your heart and I'm sure everything will turn out fine. In both situations." He winked then swallowed the remaining pieces of the foul-smelling cheese as he flew away from the bed to do whatever he needed to do. Adrien was left feeling baffled, but also now with a sense of what he needed to do. I guess sometimes Plagg does give good advice, who would've known, he thought amusingly. After that, he began to collect his thoughts on what to do about the trip. He clenched his hands and let his expression turn serious. After thinking for a while, he summed up enough courage to lead himself to one conclusion. Okay, I'll try to ask him. I don't know what will happen... but I really want to go with everyone and have fun, so I'll do it, Adrien stood up from the warmth of his bed and headed towards the door of his room. He would at least have to try.