Chapter 5

Meanwhile, at the pool.

"Cannonball!" A large boy shouts as he tucks his knees into his chest and jumps into the water, making a huge splash.

All the kids in the water having fun with their friends, playing 'Marco, Polo!' or passing a ball back and forth.

Including the adults that were with the kids, they looked to be having a decent time.

Heather, the female lifeguard smiled lightly as she began to come down, off of her guard seat.

"She's coming down," a woman said from some of the pool seats on the side of the pool.

Four woman, including Mrs. Wheeler, Mikes mother, quickly made themselves presentable, fixing their hair, make up, and adjusting their swimsuits.

"And showtime..." one of them says as she closes her compact make up container.

The men's locker room door creeped open, revealing a tall man, no older than 20.

The cigarette in his mouth burns as his sunglasses cover his mysterious eyes.

Billy, Max's step brother.

The one you totally kicked his ass when Will was in trouble.

As he walks out, he sees the large boy running along the side of the pool.

He blows his whistle loud, making everyone in the pool stop and look at Billy.

As the blowing ceases, he looks straight at the boy.

"Hey, lardass!" Billy calls out to the large, but young boy.

"No running on my watch! I gotta warn you again, and you're banned for life. You wanna be banned for life, lardass?" Billy asks as the boy shakes his head, embarrassingly.

"Didn't think so," Billy said as he shook his head a bit.

He blew the whistle again but shorter, allowing everyone to continue with their activities as the he boy slowly walked to his destination.

Billy began to walk to the guard stand, noticing the woman showing off for him.

"Afternoon, ladies," Billy says with a nod towards them.

"Afternoon, Billy," the four women all say in unison.

"Dig the new suit, Mrs. Wheeler," Billy says with a nod and a wink towards Mikes mother.

"Thank you," Mrs. Wheeler smiles as she adjusts her body.

Wait a minute...What?!
<<<•••>>>

Meanwhile, in down town Hawkins, all the shops were closed down, due to no customers.

Because of the new StarCourt mall, all the other shops closed down, except for one..

In Melvald's General Store, was Joyce Byers, putting up a 50% off banner in the big window in the front of the store.

Then the bell above the door jingled as the person walked through it.

Joyce glances over and saw Jim Hopper, Elevens adoptive dad, walking in, with his officer hat in his hand.

"Hey," Hopper says as he fiddled with his hat.

"Hey," Joyce says back with a smile from on top of the ladder she stood on.

"You busy?" Hopper asks politely with an irritated smile.

"You're our first customer, so," Joyce laughs as she looks at her friend.

Her face drops when she realized Hoppers face wasn't amused. She scoffs.